vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Besies tale

Default Besies tale

INEVER TRIED TO GET ANY CACH ARCIVED I WENT TO BESSIES TALE THEN CAME HOME TO CHECK IT ONE TO MAKE SURE THAT I HAD THE RIGHT COORD AND I DID SO I WENT BACK THREW CORN IN JUST LIKE THE THIG SAID AND THE FARMER CAM OUT GAVE ME **** AND CALLED THE COPS i EMAILED THE OWNER OF THE CACHE AND ASKED IF I WAS AT THE RIGHT PLACE AND HE REFUSED TO EMAIL BACK I DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS PROB IS HE IS THE ONLY ONE I EMAILED AND HE REFUSED TO EMAIL BACK, MAYBE HES A LOW LIFE FROM WHJAT I SEE AND LIKE TO START ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and IL WILL BE CONTECTING GPSFUN TO GET THIS STRIGHTEN OUT

Well for one thing you have this whole situation totally wrong. This cache was placed with having some fun with it. You apparently didn't get the hint or the correct coordinates to the cache because it isn't near the farmers field. These cows in question are certified organic by MOFGA (Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association) and feeding them anything but organic substances would jeopardize this expensive certification. If I were the farmer I would have done the same thing.

In the hint is says Krebs,well that is the name of the roadsign on the island at the interesction where the cache in question is located along with the other road name at the intersection. I guess I can speak now about it as apparently you have ruined it for others to have some fun as well. It was a micro on the backside of the roadsign and inside it didn't have any logbook but stated that you had to make up a story about Bessie. Laughing Terry is always noted for his distinct and humorus nature for hiding caches and this was one of his best I thought.

Sometimes you have to take Terry's humor with a grain of salt and go with the flow. You really didn't think the cache container was attached to the ear of cow now did you? I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with this but your bashing Terry in this thread was totally uncalled for as well and next time I think you should be more considerate and try to email him more than once or twice. He is on the road with the carnival and is only able to get back home on a few occasions during the summer months when he can. Maybe if you were a lttle more civilized in your conversation with him previously he would have contacted someone and they could have removed the cache before it caused all this havoc. We certainly didn't need anymore bad publicity regarding geocaching and this just added a little more salt to the wound so to speak.

I have emailed GPS fun about the situation as he emailed me as to my opinion about it and hopefully this will get resolved without any more damage being done. If it were me as the farmer I would have probably done the same thing and asked that it be removed. They have a lot of money invested in the certification of these animals and can't afford to lose that. Anyway this is just my opinion and am sorry if it has caused any bad feelings but just remember the next time you come across one of Laughing Terry's caches, things sometimes just aren't as they seem.

Happy Caching Haffy
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    .... but just remember the next time you come across one of Laughing Terry's caches, things sometimes just aren't as they seem.

Happy Caching Haffy
    Edited quote....but too bad this had to happen. It was a fun cache but unfortunately the "cow is out of the pasture."

Yeah I too am sorry this had to happen.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

If there is no log book is it really a cache?

Quote Originally Posted by tlarson
    If there is no log book is it really a cache?
    There are no log books for virtuals either. You just have to meet the owner's guidelines for logging.

This is the whole reason why I do not like to do puzzle caches or caches that could be confusing or taken wrong. I don't want to end up someplace where I am not suppose to be. Some of us are not the smartest at solving puzzle caches. That is why I like caches that are not so hard. Heck I have a hard time with micros. I am not blaming anyone here. There are always to sides of the story. I like to stick to the traditional caches. There is less confusion with these. Not that they can not be hard or confusing either, but when you put a twist on it like adding a puzzle then it has a tendency to go array whether it is good or bad.

This is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

As for the yelling in this thread. I don't think we need to start yelling at each other over this. This is a game, a hobby for crying out loud. Sometimes people do not get there emails becuase they don't get on their computer all the time or are on vacation or might even have deleted it thinking it was junk mail. These things happen. Maybe we can tone this down a little.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    i EMAILED THE OWNER OF THE CACHE AND ASKED IF I WAS AT THE RIGHT PLACE AND HE REFUSED TO EMAIL BACK I DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS PROB IS HE IS THE ONLY ONE I EMAILED AND HE REFUSED TO EMAIL BACK, MAYBE HES A LOW LIFE FROM WHJAT I SEE AND LIKE TO START ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LaughingTerry is probably one of the friendliest cachers in the group, and even if you don't like some of his puzzle caches, they definitely show imagination the fact that a lot of work went into them.

Maybe this cache was a little too wierd - I hadn't figured it out yet myself - and you got into a bad situation.

d’76 Guest

there was nothing weird about this cache. When you showed up to the waypoint it was very obvious to where the cache was.

its not a puzzle cache at all and the name of the farm is krebs

and this was all that i posted I fouund the cows but no cache