vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Besies tale

d’76 Guest

P.S. Wouldnt the cache be a lost now anyway since we all know the story.

What I would like to know is how anyone else would have handled the situation were it GPSfun that emailed you? I was trying to do the right thing but maybe it made things worse and that was not my intent. And yes the fun of the cache is now over but I would hate to think it was because of me. He wanted an answer and I gave it to him as honestly as I could. So now do I have egg on my face?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I think the percentage of cachers who read this thread in this forum are small enough that the fun isn't really ruined. At least no more so than it would be after 30 or more cachers found it and talked about it at an event or elsewhere. I have seen this type of cache posted elsewhere and it is a neat idea and gave some cache diversity to the area, which I think we could use more of.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    What I would like to know is how anyone else would have handled the situation were it GPSfun that emailed you? I was trying to do the right thing but maybe it made things worse and that was not my intent. And yes the fun of the cache is now over but I would hate to think it was because of me. He wanted an answer and I gave it to him as honestly as I could. So now do I have egg on my face?

If Rick deleted the thread and It would be resolved and many others still would have a chance to enjoy it ,if it where to get resolved.

Haffy,

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!! Honesty is always first. You know better than that, you should never doubt honesty. Brad emailed you. That in itself should let you know that you did the right thing. Yes the cache may be a bit of a loss for right now. Brad also knows that now he can trust the rest of us that sent him emails and the stories all were the same. We may be caching fools but Honesty and Integratety are always first. I would be pissed if I was the farmer, but that could be anyone feeding the cows.

I am glad that Brad emailed you and you let him know the truth. That shows that we have respect here for each other. I think that if anyone was to think differently people would question what kind of person that they are.

You might have ketchup or something on your face but certainly not egg.

My guess is that Spunky is another sockpuppet account just like Milklover75 that he used to get my Bessies Tale cache archived.

I guess he thinks iam out to get his caches
    but since this it the only one i did of his and he had the nerve to slam my friend with was new here and accuse me of making her name up to arcive his cache is why this tread was started then huffy jumped in with out knowing what it was about and telling how iam the bad apple ruining geocacheing . well to let you all know the friend that terry insist that i made up is a reporter doing another story on geocacheing and she is going to post a story , the dangers of geocacheing since her first experiance with it was very bad.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    My guess is that Spunky is another sockpuppet account just like Milklover75 that he used to get my Bessies Tale cache archived.

I guess he thinks iam out to get his caches
    but since this it the only one i did of his and he had the nerve to slam my friend with was new here and accuse me of making her name up to arcive his cache is why this tread was started then huffy jumped in with out knowing what it was about and telling how iam the bad apple ruining geocacheing . well to let you all know the friend that terry insist that i made up is a reporter doing another story on geocacheing and she is going to post a story , the dangers of geocacheing since her first experiance with it was very bad.
    Man, I dont think that you want to go down this road here. If she is going to type a whole story based on one Geocaching experiance with very limited experiance than she could never represent geocaching to the fullest anyway.

Can you let us know how many caches she has done. I couldnt find the account on GC.com. And I would be intersted in knowing who she was interveiwing to get the details of the game.

she was never given a chance read all the post in meet my friend

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    . . . well to let you all know the friend that terry insist that i made up is a reporter doing another story on geocacheing and she is going to post a story , the dangers of geocacheing since her first experiance with it was very bad.
    There are some "dangers" in geocaching (i.e. steep drop offs, hiding in inappropriate areas, hiding without permission, causing damage to land while seeking, etc.) and I for one would think that this would be a perfectly good angle to pursue for a story . . . but I might also suggest that Spunky seek out at least one veteran geocacher as I did when I wrote my geocaching article in the Village Soup over a year ago.

While I spoke with a geocacher with a handful of caches under his proverbial belt I also made sure I touched base with someone who had been geocaching for a long time (Noreasta) as he has seen a lot more and done a lot more than the other geocacher I spoke with even though both were excellent interviews . . . the way I looked at it, if I was doing a story on firefighting for example I may interview a rookie for his or her perspective on the fire service, dangers, rewards, etc., but their answers and perspective might be quite different (or perhaps very similar) to the answers given by a veteran firefighter . . . you can take the same analogy to diving, geocaching or any other field.

If Spunky has any questions about geocaching and geocachers I am sure she could find many geocachers with lots of experience . . . and geocachers who have been doing this for only a few months (and I include myself here by the way) . . . either here or through the GC.com BBS. As a fellow stringer-journalist I would be more than happy to point her in the direction of some geocachers that I have met first hand whom I think would be excellent resources if she is looking for some geocachers to interview.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    I think it was well put and I agree with you. (that's all I'm saying cuz I don't want to get shot at for this one)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Unhappy It was a fun cache

I'm sorry to see this one gone. I would liked to have been able to have read more "Tales"
    Happy Trails!