vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Besies tale

The cache is now disabled on GC.
    Blazing Troll

Default bessie tale

yup it is and i have been acussed of making up names to get it arcived witch is bull ****
    but thats fine . If terry thinks like that iam sure he has made up names to get others arcived , how else would he have come up with that idea? he even acussed my friend and she has never been to a cache or has ever posted anything on here ....I guess he just don't like dnf's on his caches maybe thats y who knows
    thats the first one of his i ever done and it will be the last one....

i dont want to get into the argument or anything, I was just wondering if there was actually a physical cache?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    yup it is and i have been acussed of making up nakes to get it arcived witch is bull ****
    but thats fine . If terry thinks like that iam sure he has made up names to get others arcived , how else would he have come up with that idea? he even acussed my friend and she has never been to a cache or has ever posted anything on here ....I guess he just don't like dnf's on his caches maybe thats y who knows
    thats the first one of his i ever done and it will be the last one....
    well, sorry you feel that way, i like terry's caches (and i know for a fact he loves seeing people post DNFs) I think maybe a little re-evaluation of the situation (and everyones accusations) is in order... c'mon... creating false names to archive caches?? this is geocaching, not enron.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    i dont want to get into the argument or anything, I was just wondering if there was actually a physical cache?

Yes...there was a physical cache. The coordinates led AWAY from the pasture and the cache was located at least 100ft from any private land, well within the public right-of-way.

I had assumed that the farmer had generated a geocaching name in order to contact GPSfun through the website, and that's why the dairylover name came about.

I've done quite a few of Terry's caches some puzzles,some micros,some in plain site and they all have his wonderful(maybe somewhat off the wall)personality in them.I love the challenge of them,but can understand those who don't.Terry's deathwish was one of my first caches,it will always be one of my favorites,and I knew then that I was going to enjoy more of his.I logged a dnf the first time I was there,then I emailed Terry to, tell him I had really enjoyed myself and wasn't giving up.He was in Mass at the time,but I had a return email the very next morning.People like Laughing Terry and Hoamdezinahs among others ,who are good at these caches are what keeps me coming back. These are just my personal thoughts and ramblings. Vic

Just chiming in here . . .

I haven't done this cache . . . and it looks like I won't be able to do this cache . . . but knowing LT and his sense of humor I kind of figured that even he wouldn't put a cache to a cow . . . besides those fields can sometimes be pretty big and getting a cow to stand still in one spot consistently for a GPS reading can be rather tough.

However, that said, I have to admit I did find myself questioning whether or not he actually had done so since the story mentioned bringing corn and other finders spun elaborate stories about the bulls, handing out corn, etc. which made me wonder.

I should mention that I too have a cache with a description that can be misleading . . . but the worse that can happen is that a person would be convinced they must be in the wrong place or my coords were off . . . unless they read between the proverbial lines and see my subtle attempt at Yankee humor.

I guess we should all just chaulk this up to a learning experience on many levels . . . including trusting GPS readings, being wary about how we find, write up and hide caches, being respectful to all geocachers without trying to made judgments (both ways), etc.

Let's move on . . . live and let live.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Ok I'll try to set things straight here. This is an email that I got from GPSfun this morning.

Good morning, haffy.

I need some help. The Bessies Tale cache has
    been archived because of a complaint that the cows
    on the farm are being fed things that will
    compromise their "organic" nature.

I am told by someone else that the complaint is
    bogus and that there are no cows anywhere near
    the cache.

So, I need some words from a trusted source
    (that's you) who has been to the cache and who can let
    me know if there are nearby cows or not.

Thanks!

-Brad

And this is my response to him after reading his email.

Well I can assure you that the cache itself is on a so-called island at the intersection of these four roads. I cannot attest to the cows being there as the day I claimed the cache there were no cows in the area but that doesn't mean there aren't any near. I suppose there could have been a clear misunderstanding as to the location of the cache because of the wording of the cache page but the coordinates wouldn't take you anywhere near the farmers fields. I say anywhere near but there are clearly defined fences across the roads from the cache location to assure the animals do not escape.

Being a member of MOFGA myself, Maine organic farmers and gardeners association, I can understand the concern that the farmers would have as to people walking across the road and being tempted to feed the animals as the cache page does indeed mention that and the stories that have been told,mine as well, have mentioned feeding the animals.

Maybe a note to Terry where he might be warned about the animals being fed and maybe his next visit up here he might be advised to make the farmers aware of the situation and that people would not feed them. If it were me, I would probably just archive the cache and maybe place the cache in a different location because it certainly is a different take on a cache and it was quite fun. I think some really gullible people took the cache page too seriously and indeed thought the cache was placed as it said on the cache page....lol. In any case these are just my thoughts and Terry should in my opinion take it upon himself to apologize to the farmers and explain the situation to them. I'm sure there was no intent on the part of the cachers to contaminate the feed of the cows but MOFGA has strict rules to adhere by and feeding them anything but organic foods would indeed take away their accreditation with MOFGA. Hope that clears up everything and if there is a anything else I can help you with please feel free to le me know. Haffy John Hafenecker

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

d’76 Guest

It doesnt matter now. The fun of the cache is destroyed and we all know what the cache is about. Funs over, Jake is Right. Lets move on.