vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Archiving Caches

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    There are several caches that say "go left", "take the trail after the big tree", "on the back side of the hill", and stuff of that sort. And you are right, they assume you will come in the same way you did. Cache hiders should give a better direction, such as NSEW or something that can not be misunderstood.
    Coordinates work great for parking, trailheads, junctures in trails...and permanent signs and buildings are good landmarks. Many cache descriptions take for granted others are as familiar with the area as the cache owner so very little is said about the location. I know we have all seen many of the descriptions brdad's post talks about and have found them very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    I had the same question to ask, as he apparently had 2 or 3 TB's in his caches and also a coin or 2. I hope he has enough sense to place them in other caches for the benefit of other cachers as well as the owners of the TB's and coins. It's too bad he had to take things in the wrong way.But maybe he did have to leave in a hurry as he said.
    I think Hollora is attempting to make some 911 TB and signature item saves . . . at least it sounded as though she went out and was hoping to go out and attempt to save them.

Leaving in a hurry . . . trouble with the mob?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    There are several caches that say "go left", "take the trail after the big tree", "on the back side of the hill", and stuff of that sort. And you are right, they assume you will come in the same way you did. Cache hiders should give a better direction, such as NSEW or something that can not be misunderstood.
    I think we've all been there . . . I always get a kick out of the hints or descriptions that say to look for the stump, clump of birches, large rock, etc. and when you get to the spot you discover a bazillion stumps, clumps of birches, rocks, etc.

However, us Magellan users never need to worry since we always come in the wrong way anyways.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    However, us Magellan users never need to worry since we always come in the wrong way anyways.
    Boy am I glad that you clarified that!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora
    . . . The response I got, after posting to the log on line, was less than pleasant via email. I was accused of being the "cache police". . . .
    I've heard of being PC and CHP (remember CHiPs, children of the 70s? ), but not CP.

CP wasn not a title I wanted.... And Yes, I remember CHIPS.

911 - Update Report Follows

I was able to get to Pretty View. I have Jake's Ladder, MsTeeLee's cardinal, Trezur's R Fun's magnet and brdad's Magnet (which my daugher was dearly hunting down). If everyone will let me know what they want me to do with them - like get to someone who is going to the Roast, put out in other caches - whatever......I am willing to do as everyone wishes.

As for the others - I only got Muggles (because it was a container I had loaned him). There was one of Mainiac 1957's Magnets and my SI. AmyErik had taken the Lucky 3 TB on 3/10 but I don't think has logged it right yet. Sudonim had taken the Coin TB on 6/10 and left the Crazy Quilting TB. I will put the CQ TB into another cache soon and will go on and log this today.

I too hope he passes on the coin. He was having a hard time with TB tracking so I am not sure. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora
    CP wasn not a title I wanted.... And Yes, I remember CHIPS.

911 - Update Report Follows

I was able to get to Pretty View. I have Jake's Ladder, MsTeeLee's cardinal, Trezur's R Fun's magnet and brdad's Magnet (which my daugher was dearly hunting down). If everyone will let me know what they want me to do with them - like get to someone who is going to the Roast, put out in other caches - whatever......I am willing to do as everyone wishes.

As for the others - I only got Muggles (because it was a container I had loaned him). There was one of Mainiac 1957's Magnets and my SI. AmyErik had taken the Lucky 3 TB on 3/10 but I don't think has logged it right yet. Sudonim had taken the Coin TB on 6/10 and left the Crazy Quilting TB. I will put the CQ TB into another cache soon and will go on and log this today.

I too hope he passes on the coin. He was having a hard time with TB tracking so I am not sure. Time will tell.
    Thanks Lois . . . those darned ladders take me quite a bit of time with the cutting, gluing, sanding, painting and printing/laminating the tags just to have them tossed out. You can either keep the ladder or drop it off to me at some point . . . or I can pick it up since I know where you live!

It's not the ladder becket is looking for - -- I will get it to you or if you get down by way before it reaches you - you're always welcome.

Feel free to give the marble and the cardinal to your daughter, or put them in a cache, or whatever...

I just got an email from rfaulk1 saying he did want them archived permanently, Perhaps GPSFun is watching and can help us with that?

We will want to make sure they are all removed, of course.