vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Archiving Caches

I too received an email from rfaulk1 and he indicated his frustration with describing his caches and the gc.com procedure. He loves caching and it's too bad that he has had a bad experience placing caches, some of which were quite good and challenging. Although he has received some offers to help, including mine, he has chosen to remove his caches and leave it at that. Hopefully Reg will continue to cache and after figuring this out he will feel more comfortable about placing some caches.

d’76 Guest

Do we know that he is infact going to go get them, I told Brad that I would go get them if they are going to sit abandon. Now they are just geotrash. I also wouldnt mind rounding up the tbs and coin to take to the event Saturday.

Let me know what you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Do we know that he is infact going to go get them, I told Brad that I would go get them if they are going to sit abandon. Now they are just geotrash. I also wouldnt mind rounding up the tbs and coin to take to the event Saturday.

Let me know what you guys know.
    I've called Reggie and we will remove the caches and account for all missing items still not accounted for.

I think Hollora did some cleaning up with those caches,not sure how much though.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Everything has been posted either on line here at this tread or to parmachenee via email (re - recovery).

All TBs have been recovered (one that showed in a cache had been picked up and hasn't been logged as such) and actually the one found was placed today.

The coin remains to be recovered. I talked with Dave1976 about this tonight. He was willing to take it to the event this weekend as I am sure others would if it is retreived. This is in the cache at the owners home.

Am hoping we can put this to bed and help our friend recover and regroup. He is a delightful person, with good intent.

To all things - there is a learning curve. Some of us are good at some of it, sometimes more of it and seldom all of it. Others are good at portions - where others are not so good. The bottom line is to know our strengths and weaknesses. Kind of learning to go with the flow.

Default Travel Bug - Lucky 3 - from Muggles

The log from the Muggles Cache indicates an "Amy Erk" or "Amy Erye" visited on 6/10/06 and took the TB. She indicated it was her son's first geocache and said the TB was on it's way to Germany.

Hope that is true and that it gets logged on its way. That is the accounting for the other TB in Muggles.

Sounds as though there may be a few "new" spots for local geocachers to place a cache . . . I have to say I particularly liked the Mt. K cache and the dam cache (hint, hint) and wouldn't mind seeing a new cache placed there (regardless of whether or not I could re-log it as another find.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Sounds as though there may be a few "new" spots for local geocachers to place a cache . . . I have to say I particularly liked the Mt. K cache and the dam cache (hint, hint) and wouldn't mind seeing a new cache placed there (regardless of whether or not I could re-log it as another find.)
    If it is a new listing then its a new cache. I logged memorial bridge on both occassions.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    If it is a new listing then its a new cache. I logged memorial bridge on both occassions.
    Well there you go . . . sounds like the former sites are up for grabs . . . and I've heard through the grapevine that Hollora has an idea for an even better location near one of the old sites. Go Lois Go!

Incidentally, I never made it out to Muggles Can't Talk . . . was that any good as a cache site?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."