vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ffj reaches 300!

Default ffj reaches 300!

firefighterjake logged his 300th find! congratulations, jake. thanks for the great caches you have placed, too! now, if i can only remember which cache you put the roof ladder in!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Way to go Jake!!! Doing trips like Campabello is adding up quickly. I've been happy to be on a few trips with you. Keep it going.

awesome!!!!!!!!! congrats on 300!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go! Seems like you just started! Congratulations on this milestone and hears to many many more...

Congrats, Jake! Hope to see you on the trail again, soon.

Way to go Jason. One of these day we will meet. Congrats!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up Congrats!!

Great job on all those finds and also a nice job on your hides! I'm sure we'll run into each other again on the trail.

Default Congratulations!

Adding my congratulations to the many others. Thanks for providing good reading. Keep on caching and keep leaving the ladders - I'm looking forward to finding one some day :-)

WOW! Congratulations! We're back here at the end of the line with 24!

Thanks everyone . . . I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. It really isn't about the numbers, but about the memories and I have to say I've had more than a few experiences while geocaching -- and most of them were quite memorable.

There's the first cache I did where I didn't realize my GPSr had a "go to" feature so I ended up "line dancing" as I went back and forth and side to side in an effort to get the coord numbers on the GPSr to match up to the coord numbers listed on the description.

There's the day I went geocaching and met my first "live" geocacher Becket on a foggy Sear's Island . . . and ironically I was planning on doing her fantastic geocaches on Deer Isle but got way-laid doing others so I went and did them a few weeks later.

There's the time I rushed to get a FTF at the Hampden Marina and saw Sudonim race ahead of me (I was busy bush whacking through thorn bushes and burdocks as I normally do) to attempt to get the FTF . . . only to have us both discover that Maniac had beat us both.

There's the Fitz Cache . . . enough said on that one!

There's the recent relevation that in a strange twist of fate I've met Tuna and the Clan last year while four wheeling on the Sunrise Trail (they were low on gas so my buddy and I let them borrow our gas cans and we had no lunch so they shared their sandwiches) . . . and then I met them while geocaching and it wasn't until later we both realized that we had met before . . . almost a year to the day.

There's Boot Cove . . . a cache that was so incredible with the vistas that it has to be one of my all-time favorites, along with Parrot Siding and about 298 other must-see caches.

There's the time that I hid Multi in a Mile and a Half as a cache with "something for everyone to hate" and unfortunately I accidentally had the wrong coords at a couple of stages which meant the first few seekers really, really hated it.

There's the fun I've had in trying to find new places to hide caches and new ways to hide caches.

There's the friends I've made along the way and on-line . . . friends who willingly gave of their time to help me out with a presentation (although it could have been the offer of free pizza too! )

There's my first FTF at Hermon Pond and that feeling of being the first to find a cache.

There's all of the many, many DNFs I have logged . . . I think fondly (now) of Ol' 470, Perkins Cache and Outer Limits. I try to forget my DNF at Island Cache where I couldn't find it the first time only to return and find the cache practically out in the open with a bright red lid.

There's the 62 quarts of blood that I have "donated" to help feed all of the mosquitoes and blackflies in Maine to insure that countless others will be able to also enjoy our Maine wildlife.

There's all of the times when I've come back from a day of geocaching with mud-covered clothes and socks and sneakers that smell so bad that even repeated washing hasn't been able to completely remove the stink.

There's my Campobello Trip where I did a lot of great caches, but even more importantly got to spend some time with my kid brother and bond with him despite not really knowing him for a number of years (there's a 21 year difference so I didn't grow up with him.)

There's the time I got to see horseshoe crabs mating (hubba hubba) and the 3-4 other times when I got to interrupt some romantic encounters between human beings of the opposite sex who were also apparently engaged in some mating rituals.

There's the times when I've been mistaken for a rock wall mason (Outer Limits), member of the Dam Authority (Cobby's Cache) and even a firefighter (if you can believe that.)

Here's to hoping the rest of you have had and will continue to have as many memories and positive experiences geocaching as I have had.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."