vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ffj reaches 300!

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    firefighterjake logged his 300th find! congratulations, jake. thanks for the great caches you have placed, too! now, if i can only remember which cache you put the roof ladder in!
    Right back at ya kid. Your caches on Deer Isle are still quite vivid in my mind . . . and I will be back someday to "finish" some of them.

As for the roof ladder, to paraphrase Agent "The truth is out there" Fox, "They're out there, Scully." Just dropped off one yesterday in fact. And I have to tell you each time I drop one off or make one I think to myself, "Becket is still trying to find one of these darned things. I wonder if this will be the one."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Way to go Jake!!! Doing trips like Campabello is adding up quickly. I've been happy to be on a few trips with you. Keep it going.
    Most definitely . . . that was the first overnight geocaching trip that I've done with the express purpose of said trip being to geocache . . . well that and a bit of education for my kid brother.

I've also enjoyed searching for a couple of caches with you. If you ever want to get together and do a day of geocaches and don't mind towing around a fat, balding guy this summer just let me know . . . I'll even let you make fun of my Magellan and the maps showing that I'm standing halfway in the Penobscot River.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by lwa11
    awesome!!!!!!!!! congrats on 300!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks . . . something tells me though that we'll be seeing your name here with 300 finds before long as you've got the geocaching bug and got it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Way to go! Seems like you just started! Congratulations on this milestone and hears to many many more...
    Well, I kind of, sort of did just start caching . . . I started last July. Registered on July 4th and found my first cache a week or so later. I vividly remember hoping that I might be able to break 100 caches in my first year . . . foolish grasshopper that I was . . . never realized I would enjoy this hobby so much . . . and have this many before the first year was out. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Congrats, Jake! Hope to see you on the trail again, soon.
    Same here Bruce . . . but since I don't do the events as you know I guess it will have to be on the trail . . . although I had a Big G's sandwich this past weekend and I have to say I may have to reconsider my "policy" of not doing events. Wicked good sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Way to go Jason. One of these day we will meet. Congrats!!!
    I know what you mean . . . we "talk" here, read the logs, etc. and don't live that far away and yet we have never met except on line. Incidentally, in case you or anyone was wondering, I'm a real person and not a sock puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    Great job on all those finds and also a nice job on your hides! I'm sure we'll run into each other again on the trail.
    Thank you . . . and I have to say I have enjoyed finding your many caches just as much . . . and I have truly appreciated your tips just as much. Sudonim and I both thank you for the "we were looking in the right area" tip for Magic Fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme
    Adding my congratulations to the many others. Thanks for providing good reading. Keep on caching and keep leaving the ladders - I'm looking forward to finding one some day :-)
    Thanks for the congratulations, words of encouragement on the column and on my signature item ladders. I found one of your geocoins just yesterday incidentally . . . I am sure it will only be a matter of time before you find a signature item as I slowly and steadily expand my geocaching trips further and further abroad as I explore this great state.

Quote Originally Posted by The Family Three
    WOW! Congratulations! We're back here at the end of the line with 24!
    24 in one month or so isn't bad at all . . . when I first started my goal was to get 100 in a year (even though it isn't about the numbers. ) Little did I know how addicted I would become . . . in fact my only complaint about geocaching is that it cuts into time spent ATVing. Trust me, before long you will have lots of caches under your proverbial belt as well if you find geocaching half as addicting as I have found it to be.

Jake - congrats on 300! Thank you, too, for the caches you have placed and your sage advice when I have asked. Enjoy a wonderful summer.