vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ffj reaches 300!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora
    Jake - congrats on 300! Thank you, too, for the caches you have placed and your sage advice when I have asked. Enjoy a wonderful summer.
    Sage advice, huh? Makes me sound like some type of geocaching guru. All I can do is picture me sitting on top of a bunch of rocks on Chick Hill waiting for novice geocachers to come meet me, offer me a granola bar as a token offering and then dispense my advice to them, such as to never eat Chinese food and then go on a long geocaching hike or to always remember that the shortest way between two points is not always a straight line while geocaching or that eating that candy bar that was dropped into that cache six months ago may not be a wise decision.

Thanks though . . . now when are you going to come down to my neck of the woods and do my caches -- think of the Bangor caches as just a warm-up to what I consider some of my better caches.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Thumbs up Way to go Jake!!

I've enjoyed your caches immensely. I've enjoyed meeting you. I've enjoyed collecting your ladders. Most of all I enjoyed eating the pizza you bought us. No but seriously, the caching community is richer for having you in it. I hope one of these days ( like Saturday for example) you will get to an event and meet some more of us. We don't bite, really. Hiram nibbles a little, but we just keep throwing treats his way and he's fine. . 300 in a year. I guess I'd better get a move on if I want to stay ahead of you. See ya around Jason!!
    Happy Trails!

Number Seven and myself were on the Quebec border adding to our own geo memories yesterday.That trip almost concludes the caches north of us so we'll be coming down to do some of yours soon.Congrats on the 300 and thanks for all the great stories to read. Hope to meet on the trail some day.Vic

Talking Congrats Jake

Congratulations Jake,,,300,,,Holy smokes!!! We got 12 caches yesterday, A new one day record for us, brings us up to a whopping 63 total. We had a real nice day , left Kenduskeag, up to Greenville, over to Kokadjo, out to the golden road, down to Millinocket, then to Medway and back down the 95 to Kenduskeag. Whew!! 225 miles total, saw 12 moose, 1 deer, and various other small critters. This sport is awesome, gives Gail and I a chance to spend time together and see some awesome places. Where else can you spend 50 bucks in gas, 20 bucks for lunches and get a rubber chicken that poops an egg and get chewed alive by mosquitos?? I love it!!! Congrats again on hitting 300, hopefully many more "Happy Caches" for you to come. Regards,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis

!!!!! holy cow jake... you need to find a new job, i think you have too much time on your hands, either that or the wife isn't giving you enough chores....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Sage advice, huh? Makes me sound like some type of geocaching guru. All I can do is picture me sitting on top of a bunch of rocks on Chick Hill waiting for novice geocachers to come meet me, offer me a granola bar as a token offering and then dispense my advice to them, such as to never eat Chinese food and then go on a long geocaching hike or to always remember that the shortest way between two points is not always a straight line while geocaching or that eating that candy bar that was dropped into that cache six months ago may not be a wise decision.
    ...and while you are there busily dispensing this sage advice, you could do my cache located at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I've enjoyed your caches immensely. I've enjoyed meeting you. I've enjoyed collecting your ladders. Most of all I enjoyed eating the pizza you bought us. No but seriously, the caching community is richer for having you in it. I hope one of these days ( like Saturday for example) you will get to an event and meet some more of us. We don't bite, really. Hiram nibbles a little, but we just keep throwing treats his way and he's fine. . 300 in a year. I guess I'd better get a move on if I want to stay ahead of you. See ya around Jason!!
    The same words could be applied to you too Maniac. I've enjoyed many of your caches, been frustrated at trying to find more than one and still shudder when I think about attempting some of the unfound ones (i.e. Stacked on the Stillwater).

I was planning on surprising some of you this Saturday by coming to Rick's, but unfortunately I'm shooting a wedding and at the same time myself, my clone or most likely my wife will be in Bangor attempting to win a Datsun 240Z for me.

As for staying ahead of me . . . don't worry. I don't think anyone has to work too hard to stay ahead of me . . . I've just been doing the easy caches.

As for the pizza . . . no kidding. I've never seen so much pizza be devoured so quickly . . . and I would do it again in a heartbeat since it was a lot of fun . . . I just wish we had more UBRs there that night.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    ...and while you are there busily dispensing this sage advice, you could do my cache located at the top.
    It's on my list . . . which is why I mentioned it. Ironically, this is where I ended up after getting lost on my ATV last year and deciding that I was going to get a GPSr to keep from getting lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    !!!!! holy cow jake... you need to find a new job, i think you have too much time on your hands, either that or the wife isn't giving you enough chores....
    I do need a new job, but that's a whole other thread about broken promises, threats, bad bosses, lack of respect, etc. But we won't go there.

As for time . . . Most of these caches were done on day trips every three weeks (when my wife has worked her weekend shift). I've spent one day geocaching and one day working around the house. Add in a few sidetrips here and there and fact that I live in the geographic center of Bangor, Waterville, Newport and Belfast and you can see how I have been able to do a few here and there on evenings with the net result being that they add up quick even if done one or two at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail
    Congratulations Jake,,,300,,,Holy smokes!!! We got 12 caches yesterday, A new one day record for us, brings us up to a whopping 63 total. We had a real nice day , left Kenduskeag, up to Greenville, over to Kokadjo, out to the golden road, down to Millinocket, then to Medway and back down the 95 to Kenduskeag. Whew!! 225 miles total, saw 12 moose, 1 deer, and various other small critters. This sport is awesome, gives Gail and I a chance to spend time together and see some awesome places. Where else can you spend 50 bucks in gas, 20 bucks for lunches and get a rubber chicken that poops an egg and get chewed alive by mosquitos?? I love it!!! Congrats again on hitting 300, hopefully many more "Happy Caches" for you to come. Regards,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis
    Thanks . . . and trust me . . . you guys have it bad and before long you'll have just as many caches if you keep it up. Just remember, it really is about the journey and the destination and not the numbers . . . when I start thinking solely about reaching X number I'll stop geocaching since it will then become work and not play.

Now when are you guys going to make the very short trip south here to Unity for pizza and to do some of the great caches in this area???