vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An update on Bessie and an apology to Diverdave

Red face An update on Bessie and an apology to Diverdave

Haffy and I went down and talked to the farm owner near Bessies Tale to find out just what was going on. It was the owners wife who e-mailed groundspeak and caused the cache to be archived. I just got an e-mail from her thanking us for coming down and speaking with her husband.

I'm sorry I accused Diverdave of being a jerk and doing this on purpose. I just couldn't buy the story that he would drive half a mile from the cache coordinates and feed corn to the farmers cows right next to his house. The owner of the farm told us Diverdave did indeed drive the half mile from the coordinates down to the farm.

He did NOT however feed any corn to the cows. The farm owner was NOT mad at Diverdave or anyone else. He did NOT call the cops on Diverdave. In fact he said Diverdave came to the farm and spoke to him twice and was very friendly both times. He said he told Diverdave that "Krebs" was only in two places, the ROAD SIGN, and on the barn. He also said that if anyone put a cache on any of his cows he would have noticed.

The farm owners biggest concern is that he is trying to get his farm certified as "Organic" and he was worried that the certification board would get wind of the cache description about bringing corn to feed the cows and delay his certification while looking into it. Once he went to the web site and read the description he understood what was going on and thought it was funny. He even laughed about the picture Haffy used because he recognized the farm.

I assured him I would change the listing so people would not come to the farm and that I would remove the reference to feeding the cows corn. I am thinking maybe a tranquilizer gun might be a good addition to the cache pack.

I also apologize for not e-mailing Diverdave back about the cache but I couldn't imagine anyone driving that far from the cache location and then telling me the farmer was mad at him. He did not ask me anything about the cache. He just told me he had trouble with the farmer and I chalked it up to him goofing off. Of course I also can't imagine that he would go to the farm owner and tell him one of his cows had a geocache on her ear. LOL He gave the farm owner the idea that I snuck in under the cover of darkness and added a tag to one of his cows. I may be clever and devious but that is a stretch even for me.

Keep your eyes open for my next cache though. Just watch for "Welcome to Katie's Crotch".

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    Keep your eyes open for my next cache though. Just watch for "Welcome to Katie's Crotch".
    Just don't connect it to a moose!!

But I have been by this spot!!

I have to say, good job. It takes an adult, I mean mature person, to admit a mistake and apoligize. Now I am so curios about this cache, what are the coordinates? I haven't quite figured out how to search for a cache by name?

Thanks for coming down and talking to us LT . It was nice of you to tell us what was going on. I am sorry that you had to remove the cache. It sounds like alot of people were enjoying it.

Just so you know Milklover75, Lt is not planning on removing the cache,he just plans on revising it some so people won't be mislead into believing their are cows around to be fed....lol. I was with LT when we met your husband today. We wished him good luck with the certification process and hope everything works out for you guys. Haffy
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Bessies Tale (GCW700) will be revised to remove the suggestion that people bring corn to feed Bessie. It will also be revised to say that everything they need to find Bessie is right at the cache coordinates so nobody else drives the half mile down your driveway to hunt for Bessie. I'm sorry I didn't think of that when I first listed it but I never figured people would stray that far from the actual geocache coordinates. *sigh*

I am sorry for any inconvenience I caused you with this cache and I hope once it is back up and running you guys will have as much fun reading the exploits as we have had so far.

All's well that ends well . . . I for one am glad that things seem to be working out all around for everyone involved.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingTerry
    Bessies Tale (GCW700) will be revised to remove the suggestion that people bring corn to feed Bessie. It will also be revised to say that everything they need to find Bessie is right at the cache coordinates so nobody else drives the half mile down your driveway to hunt for Bessie. I'm sorry I didn't think of that when I first listed it but I never figured people would stray that far from the actual geocache coordinates. *sigh*

I am sorry for any inconvenience I caused you with this cache and I hope once it is back up and running you guys will have as much fun reading the exploits as we have had so far.
    Seriously...glad to see this one resolved. It's a fun cache idea. I did one like this in the Rochester, NY area a year ago and the stories were very creative. Unfortunately, this one involved innocent critters nearby and misunderstanding of what was expected. The element of surprise isn't there now, but everyone is safe and happy...I hope.

Great job Terry! It's hard to anticipate what we'll do to find a cache. I know I've done some things I never thought I'd do. I hope cachers and hider alike can learn from this.

Well, I have done a lot of things while geocaching but looking for a cache half a mile from the coordinates just isn't on the list. Unless of course it is a multi. LOL