vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cachers Who Don't Sign The Log, Do we let them keep their finds OR

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Hey, this is caching. there is always more than one hole!
    Hmmm . . . I usually manage to find the hole without the cache container.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Personally, I have fought with a few lids but always managed to open them. So I'm not sure I'd log the find or not in that case. But if it started happening often, I'd be carrying a jar opener in my bag! I put some tweezers in my bag for the micros, but have not used them yet.

I've put a dry sheet of paper with my log on it in wet caches. It's not the actual log, but it works for me. of course, if the cache is that wet, my log will probably be ruined by the time anyone checks it anyway.
    LOL! Dave, you're a purist, with very narrowly defined standards.

I think the general drift of this thread is: did the cacher FIND the cache? If so, they should sign the log. There will be some cases where can't, for one VALID reason or another. The question then as to whether or not you claim a find is a personal one.

My thinking is if I can't sign the log then I DON'T claim the find. There have been just a couple of instances where I have found the cache and not signed the log ( Frozen in the ground in the winter) or too many muggles around to actually sign it and I haven't claimed the find but that is just me. Just recently while caching in the Lewiston area we didn't find the cache and called the owner to tell him about it being missing and he insisted we claim the find even though it had been muggled. I still didn't claim the find. Each to his own I guess but that is MY personal choice.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I've only claimed 2 caches where we were unable to sign a log with the cache owners permission. One was in Aroostook Cty, (weren't you with us Haffy?) where we found peices of the cache everywhere. The other I emailed the owner that the cache was missing and told him where it had been, size, writing on the wall etc. I signed a piece of paper, put in plastic bag and in the spot it went. Luckily, I've been able to get into everything else I've found.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hmmm . . . I usually manage to find the hole without the cache container.
    Keep it clean this is a family website!

Hey you're the one with the dirty mind.......

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    I've only claimed 2 caches where we were unable to sign a log with the cache owners permission. One was in Aroostook Cty, (weren't you with us Haffy?) where we found peices of the cache everywhere.
    Yep I was there and remember we all signed the torn and wet log sheet and turned it in to Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Keep it clean this is a family website!
    Oh my . . . I wasn't even thinking that way . . . I meant I usually find all of the holes without the cache . . . and the ones that are full of live critters, trash, broken glass, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Haffy, you're right, I forgot we signed that! Seems like such a long time ago....<sigh>....

Default Team2hunt and I disagree

This is a subject that T2h and I have been discussing lately. His navigator has his own caching name now. I think he should be able to go back and log, on the computer, all the caches he did with his father. Just the ones he was actually there. T2h says, "no, his name is not in the log."
    I have two logs in the Seattle area that my name couldn't get on. One was because a young couple was thoroughly enjoying themselves on a bench that had a cache under it (I did take a picture of the couple and the bench) and the other was a dog park. I could see the cache, but there were just too many muggles. I didn't have a dog... My chances of getting back there were not that great. Both times I e-mailed the owners and asked permission to claim it as a log. I also claimed a virtual because there was construction all around the plaque that I was suppose to get information off of. The owner was okay with that. He just wanted people to see the view. So, people have different opinions. I'm pretty loyal to having to sign the log.