vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT Caches?

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    This one is just off from Joe's Hole. This is what the little place is called that is at the head of Moxie Pond. There is a story behind how it go the name.

This one I see as no problem with because it is not actually on the AT. I have not done it but it looks to be right off the public road south of the AT 0.1 miles. I will do this next time I get to the area.
    OK - and if you decide it IS on the AT, move it a few feet north and email the new coordinates! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    OK - and if you decide it IS on the AT, move it a few feet north and email the new coordinates! LOL!
    According to my Topo you are plenty far enough away. I am not worried. Besides I am not the AT police anyways.
    Blazing Troll

Default AT reply to AT Troll....

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Hello Family Three are you Appalachian Trail hikers or have a interest in the Appalachian Trail?
    Good morning, sorry to take so long in replying to your question Hubby is the AT trail fan, has hiked all of Maine except one section, been doing it since he was a boy scout! We finally drove up to Twisted Sister and left that AT coin, since that's the only place they wanted it left was at a AT cache. It was helpful to have everyones input, so that we now know geocaches aren't allowed on the trail. Hopefully we can get out tomorrow and do a few!

Quote Originally Posted by The Family Three
    Good morning, sorry to take so long in replying to your question Hubby is the AT trail fan, has hiked all of Maine except one section, been doing it since he was a boy scout! We finally drove up to Twisted Sister and left that AT coin, since that's the only place they wanted it left was at a AT cache. It was helpful to have everyones input, so that we now know geocaches aren't allowed on the trail. Hopefully we can get out tomorrow and do a few!
    If you husband is as much of a AT fanatic as I am he may want to check out this web site. www.whiteblaze.net. I do a lot of backpacking on the AT and have completed all of Maine except 50 miles so far. I am going to thru hike the AT in the year 2010 and maybe you husband will join me?
    Blazing Troll

Good morning...wow, only 50 miles left, that's great! I will pass along your invite. We were talking about the through hike a few days back and discussing how long it would take, etc. Do you mean the whole trail or the Maine trail? Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Family Three
    Good morning...wow, only 50 miles left, that's great! I will pass along your invite. We were talking about the through hike a few days back and discussing how long it would take, etc. Do you mean the whole trail or the Maine trail? Dawn
    When I say I have 50 miles left that is on the Maine section of the trail.

The thru hike I am doing in 2010 will be the whole trail.
    Blazing Troll