Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun game

I don't know Kacky but I just saw his name in some caches while I was caching down in the Falmouth area today. I'll check it out.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

You can see gfy969's Geocaching.com profile here. Looks like he just pulled ahead of Haffy! Nice job! Glad to see the Mainers are making a nice show of things. I still have quite a few puzzles left to solve, but I'm not sure how high in the rankings I can get. I'm mad that I lost 100 points on the stupid double-or-nothing card game. And then another 25 points gone because I forgot a '$' !! Sheesh!

I am horrible with these type of games but having a good time! It fills my time while I am home with hubby. Did sucker into ordering a cache (or perhaps this will be really worth it for all here in Maine and fun to boot) so we will see what the directions say........and I need to see the size to pick a spot. Thanks all you Geocachingmaine folks for adding me as a friend. Look forward to meeting more of you this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    You can see gfy969's Geocaching.com profile here. Looks like he just pulled ahead of Haffy! Nice job! Glad to see the Mainers are making a nice show of things.
    I know - they came in really high right away! I figure they must have been studying the puzzles and waiting til they really knew the answers, unlike me!

I lucked out on double or nothing but I didn't take the earliest puzzles seriously at first and tried to answer a few without really knowing the correct response, so I put myself at a disadvantage. I was rewarded for knuckling down & sticking with some of the more recent ones, like the jugglers cruise and the cryptomania. But I got off to such a bad start, I need at least 8 more puzzles to get to level 6 so I can answer the 3 that are sitting there!

I think young Mister Colley is going to have even more success in his game than he is with his movie. Steve works with a lot of these youngsters who are making independent films. Some of them are quite good, once they get past their teen mentality and get over some of their misogynist stereotypes. (Women in bondage, or silent, or shrewish - I am seeing some of that in Eric's previews, but then he hasn't been at it very long.) He picked a sport that a lot of people are interested in, which would suggest that he understands marketing and popular culture.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Yeah I made the mistake of jumping right in on the first few puzzles without taking my time and it cost me quite a few points as well. Hey on one of the double or nothing card games I was dealt a King so of course I said lower,well wouldnt you know it that I was dealt an ACE so I lost all 100 pts on that screw up. I need 3 more correctly solved puzzles before I can answer the ones for level 6 as well. Sure wish I was on dial-up though as it takes me forever to download the videos and the music. I wish all the best of luck with the game and it is becoming quite addictive but has given me a better appreciation for puzzle caches now and hopefully I won't feel as intimidated with them as I have in the past.

Oh yeah I was one of the lucky 1st 150 applicants to be awarded one of the free treasure boxes to hide too. I know TRF also bought one to hide so maybe we can pick up a few extra points to add to our totals. Hey it's fun anyway. We will know more in the next few days as to how they will be handling the treasure boxes as far as giving out points for hiding and finding them. Good Luck to all the Mainers.............................

I opted for 2 cheap ones so I could hide more for the money. But there's one person in another state with 10 GC.com finds who's planning to make theirs a multi-cache that will take 2 days to find, and someone else who claims to be putting 100 dollar bills in theirs. It's hard to know who's serious and who's finna crash and burn.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Yeah I read about the guy who was going to put $100 bills in the cache and I think he was just being facetious.

Sorry, Kacky & TRF

Well - I have one of those cache containers coming. I got notice today and it should be shipped shortly. We will see what arrives. Let's all keep in touch.

It wouldn't let me order one!! Gave me some sort of SQL error. I emailed them about it. I need those 500 points!