vb:literal>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Fun game

Apparently being offended by sockpuppet accounts and people giving away answers on the message boards somehow means I don't like to have fun and only care about points. Still haven't made the connection on that one!

I did accept some nudges on the Volvo game just to figure out what they wanted us to do on some tasks. But that one's impossible to win unless you are glued to your computer, because the last puzzle will require you to be one of the first 3 to respond. I bet the live hunt on that one is going to be brutal. As an out-of-shape aging person I could picture getting steamrolled. I mean look what some of them will do to catch a baseball, for heavens sake.

I wish I had been able to tell you ahead of time that no bodily contact is stroller friendly! I am thinking real serious of placing my refills instead of waiting, and if I do, at least one of those is going to be on flat ground as well.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Well,I'll tell yah,I for one have not used a hint as of yet. And probably won't either as it will cost me 20 points and I still won't be guaranteed that it will give me any advantage in solving it. I'll take my chances and even guess at an answer first but that is just the way I play the game. And remember it is only a game. I have gotten my share of lower scores because of a bad guess but at least I tried. Hey I'm still hanging in there so I'm not doing too bad so far. TRF and myself are headed to do Kacky's caches Tuesday so Kacky it looks like you will be 200 pts to the good after Tuesday.
    Last edited by Haffy; 07-09-2006 at 04:16 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Oh, thank you! That will help a lot. I got the el cheapo versions so I could place more for the money. They're only 5 bucks so instead of getting a pretty one, I got 4 "materials only".

Don't give in on your philosophy of not using hints. I gave in to temptation 9 times and it was only useful once. All the other times it was stuff like "there are more than you might think, but not too many".

Default Thank You

Haffy,
    Thanks for joining me on Sunday while I hunted for your Live Hunt, you picked a great spot! Also thanks for the redirect on TRF's.

Kacky,
    Thanks for the pleasant walk. I grew up in lewiston and never knew the trail you took me on existed. Had I known I would have fished there instead on rt4 where the cars whip by. I hope to return and find the Quarry Hunt.

TRF,
    Thanks for the challenging hide and beatiful spot. (Had it not been for Haffy I would have driven 120 miles for a DNF.)

Hollara,
    I hope to search for your hunt...just need to find a free weekend to make the voyage.

Cache' N Jacksons,
    I'll be watching for your Live Hunt.

Aw, thanks for those nice words. I would not have known about the Lake Auburn Nature Trail if not for Katadin Goddess. I discovered it while searching for her cache, and she encouraged me when I asked if I should place my movie cache on that trail.

Grrrr, I'm having trouble just getting some of the clues....nevermind some of the clues. I especially hate the scrambled word puzzles.

And I'm still waiting on my box. How long did it take everyone else to get theirs from when they ordered it?
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

I was fortunate to get one of the 150 freebies that they gave out before the game started but form what I have heard from others who have ordered their boxes it is taking about 2 to 3 weeks. The game itself will be going on til October so there is no hurry.

As far as the puzzles are concerned some are hard and some are not. Some times you can think too much though when the answer is right in front of you. Just take your time and think them through and get some of your friends to help you out with them if need be. It's only a game don't forget and have fun with it. Also in the messageboards there is a lot of talk in there on the puzzles and riddles and you can get some clues in there as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

My package of supplies has now come.

I'm curious...did any of you make a combo "Game" treaseure box and Geocache...listing it on both sites?

They ask that we not do that, but one of mine is placed so that it can become a GC.com cache when it's over.