vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Coin Discussion

How about a lumberjack standing beside his skiddah?
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Newbie here - is there a slogan we have out there? Like the old - Maine - the way Caching should be or something of the like?

I am a bird fan so I think our State bird the Chickadee and Pine Cone and tassel (I think that is a state something) would be nice. A couple of other thoughts - the Rising sun in the Eastly portion of the US was on for the US quarter and a nice theme - also the return of the Eagle over our state is exciting and worth commorating.

Trackable on GC.com would be nice too and worth the extra. Count me in on ordering some (missed the others).

If help is needed - please ask - PM me.

Default New Coin Discussion

How about an Aroostook County Potatoe Field on the back? I am sure
    J_Cyr, another County Hick would 2nd that

I have been completely interested in having something non coastal as the theme. There are so many aspects of Maine we could change the theme each year for a very long time. Having said that, I will also admit that I think the idea of the sun rising over the state is a great idea. It is the most eastern point in the US and sees the sunrise first - it is just coincidence that the point that it happens is on the coast.

In the end though, I have no strong preference about what is on the coin or whether it is trackable or not.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default New coin

I have long thought that Katahdin would work well on the reverse. A moose standing in a pond would do well also. I would gladly pay the extra to make them trackable too. I am easy though, and will most likely be happy with whatever the majority wants. The Kentucky coin was a very cool idea. that would be a good look for us as well. And I do agree that the dark finished coins do seem to be more detailed.
    Happy Trails!

Yes we should make it trackable. It is only $1.50 more per coin to make it trackable on GC.

Yes we should have an icon with the coin. It is only a flat rate of $150 to get an icon, You have to have at least 500 coins though and I do not think we will have a problem selling 500 coins.

We should change the finish to an antique finish also because it brings out the image better.

The prices have gone up on coins through the company that we used last time so the coins will also be a little more.

I think if we do all of these things that we will sell the same amount of coins or maybe close.

But here is some ideas to think about. It seems like people think we should design a new coin every year. I personally do not think we need to have a new coin every year. I think if we have a new coin every year that it well eventually turn people off to buying our Maine coins. This is what I would like to see done.

Add an additional $2 to each coin. This would bring the coin to about $7 each with the new coin tracking option and an icon through GC. We could use the extra $2 and put it towards ordering extra coins so that we can have coins on hand to sell. This way we would not have to order more then once.

A lot of people have bought this coins and from us last time for $3 each and sold them on eBay for $9 and more. So why not add $2 to the price and put it back into have coins on hand.
    Blazing Troll

Let's see, trackable on GC.com, unique icon, yea, I want a bunch for FTF prizes and gifts. Put me down for 10.

I Like it!!!!!

Ah, Yes, Another State Geocoin! I have always favored the State Flag of Maine, and, would like to throw in my 2 cents worth here: a colored reproduction of Maine's State Flag would be nice. Rpapaman

Please put me down for 5!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Rpapaman
    Ah, Yes, Another State Geocoin! I have always favored the State Flag of Maine, and, would like to throw in my 2 cents worth here: a colored reproduction of Maine's State Flag would be nice. Rpapaman

We tried that last year Ron and the state gave us a hard time about it so we dismissed that thought,unless someone can say we can do it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.