vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caches along a route

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    If you use a PDA or have mapping software on your computer (Delorme Street Atlas or Topo USA, for example), you need GSAK. Really! It's worth the SMALL cost.
    So I've been told and shown now. I'll break down and get it when I get the street atlas. Someone needs to tell newbies when they join about GSAK

We try to be as helpful as we can!!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I take this back! Now that I've had a chance to work with it, the Garmin POI loader is great. Instead of listing caches in the "waypoint" category, they're listed separately under "Geocaches" (Duh!) and you can do anything with them that you did with them in the waypoint category. I loaded over 2000 caches today, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks, Slate!
    Glad you got this to work. I guess I know who to ask questions now if I have any problems. I can't wait to try out the POI loader, it looks a great new tool. I have a lot of waypoints that I use rarely, but I don't want to delete or mess around with transferring them on to and out of the GPS. It will be great to move them to custom POIs and keep all 1000 waypoints open for when I want to dump a lot of geocaches into my unit quickly. It will be great too, when we are traveling and want to store a few thousand caches on our GPS. Just another reason to love our new 60csx.

d’76 Guest

Default caches along a route

It looks like Gc.com has added a new feature to their website. I went to my account and saw a place called caches along a route. I thought I would share that

deja vu

Didn't we just have this discussion?
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=1413

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    deja vu

Didn't we just have this discussion?
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=1413
    Whatta yah mean?

I guess when you get to be my age the memory comes and goes. Any way it's still cool

This is a great feature that GC.com has been working on for quite some time now and it has finally come to fruition. The only problem that I have is being on dial-up I can't really use Google Earth very well. I am looking forward to all those who live and travel in Maine to add their favorite routes to the list so we all can use them. Yet another great feature that you can get for being a premium member of GC.com
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    This is a great feature that GC.com has been working on for quite some time now and it has finally come to fruition. The only problem that I have is being on dial-up I can't really use Google Earth very well. I am looking forward to all those who live and travel in Maine to add their favorite routes to the list so we all can use them. Yet another great feature that you can get for being a premium member of GC.com
    I notice one good thing - you can upload your routes to GC.com for others to use. For example, if you plot the caches within 1/2 mile of I95 from Kittery to Houlton and upload it, it will be available for others.

I've downloaded a .gpx of the Route from Baltimore to Kittery, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I did note that it contained only 65 caches...

The keyword thing works pretty well too. I made one for Auburn to Burlington VT.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~