vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Funny Thing Happen On The Way To Picket Mt

Hybrid View

Unhappy A Funny Thing Happen On The Way To Picket Mt

Back down in the Limerick area again this weekend,I decided to do Picket Mt.II by Cache'n Jacksons.This Mountian holds lots of memories for me,as a young man I pumped gas at the Gulf Station in Limerick.Earland Gerry the man who own the station would take me hunting on Picket Mt.Later we snowmobiled there,he also own the Moto Ski dealer ship. Those were great times.

I parked the car in the desinated spot,grabbed the camera and gpsr,lock the car and headed for the Mt.Not having a lot of daylight left I hurried to the top to get a view while the sun was still up.The mountain is as beautiful as I remember it and a flock of cedar waxwings were eating blueberries when I got there.Doesn't get any better then that.

After taking in the view for a few minutes i decide to get back to the car before it gets dark.Half jogging down the mountain,I start to recall something that had happen to me earlier in the day.After gassing up the car in Corrinna and getting a coffee for the trip down,I put the change in my pocket.As I walked out the door it fell on the ground,I then realized there was a hole in my pocket.So I then transfered everything else into the other pocket.I'm sure that you now can guess what I'm about to say.Thats right when I locked the car I automatically put the keys in the pocket with the hole in it.Now half way down the mountain I reach into my pocket and no keys.

I know if they fell out on the first 4 tenths of a mile ,before I left the trail I might have a chance of finding them,Otherwise I will have to walk to a house and call my significate other with the great news.I know she'll be please seeing as how all the party supplies for her sons birthday party are in the trunk and the extra keys are in Abbot.

Some times you just live right or someone watches over you
    ,for me it must be the latter.The keys were a hundred yards from the car laying in plain sight with the little orange Shaws tag gleaming in all its glory.

FFJ was telling of all his most memorable caches the other day.I'm sure this will always be one of mind.just thought I would share it with you' Vic

Wow!! I'm real glad you found your keys, that's a relatively desolate area to be stuck in! You might want to get that pocket sewn up! Happy caching!

I have your leatherman . I wonder what else you lost on your way. Number Seven

sounds like it's time for one of those magnetic hidey key things on the vehicle! I did that and it has saved me more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    hidey key things
    Reminds me of your directions...not left or right...take the forky!

Default key

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    sounds like it's time for one of those magnetic hidey key things on the vehicle! I did that and it has saved me more than once.
    Sounds like a key piece of advice to me. ;-)

-RanMan22

at least you knew what I ment!

I locked my keys in the car at Aziscohos cache. This is not a good place to hitch hike!! I noticed my mistake after about 6 steps. Less than 1 minute later, a car came by. It was probably the only other car that day. I can't believe how lucky I was.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    I locked my keys in the car at Aziscohos cache. This is not a good place to hitch hike!! I noticed my mistake after about 6 steps. Less than 1 minute later, a car came by. It was probably the only other car that day. I can't believe how lucky I was.
    My mother was always calling me because she had locked her keys in the car,am I becoming my mother??? Could it be age!!!