vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Funny Thing Happen On The Way To Picket Mt

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker
    My mother was always calling me because she had locked her keys in the car,am I becoming my mother??? Could it be age!!!
    I locked my keys in my car at stage 3 of Stacked on Stillwater but I'm using the excuse that I didn't have my truck which has keyless entry...it COULDN'T be old age??

Wink Excited Frank

Could it have possibly been the excitement of knowing you were finally going to put Stacked in your rear view mirror?
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    both my mother and a good friend have locked their keys in the car with the car running!!!! I'm not even going to go there....
    you can get the magnetic things at wally world and vip...places like that...btw they are usually NOT waterproof.
    Sadly enough - I have done that too!! I took the keyless entry thing with me so that I could unlock the car when I got back to it - alas - it decided not to work at that moment. I also had a keyholder under my bumper - alas - it had fallen off along the way somewhere. And it was raining when this all happened - alas - I was soaked and muddy from searching for the key holder under my bumper! Pooey!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Could it have possibly been the excitement of knowing you were finally going to put Stacked in your rear view mirror?
    Except I couldn't get to my rear view mirror!!

Vic, Another thought! Put an extra key between your license plate and bumper. That way it is nice and tight and won't fall out. Then if you need it just loosen the bolt and wah lah, extra key!! Those hide a way magnetic key holders end up getting lost especially if you are going down rough roads, paths, etc. Just a suggestion!!!
    Joyce

Default Another option

I have in the past used a ty-wrap to place a spare key under the car somewhere I can remember. I always have a pocket knife with me to cut it off with, or you can just twist it. Now I have a spare key in my wallet thanks to Saturn. They sent it when I bought my Vue 2 years ago. It's a thin door only key just for a lock out situation.
    Happy Trails!

Thanks guys and girls for all the wonderful info.Growing up in Limerick and then living here in Abbot for the last Twenty years.I have found very little occassion to lock the car.So when I'm back in the real world it seems strange to lock it.When I do it always seems like I forgot the keys in the car or lost them.I feel myself reaching for my pocket all the time to see if they are still there.

Lock up the car in Wolfeboro this weekend and walked down the rails to trails.There are six caches in walking distance.When I got back I discovered I had only locked the drivers door.The rest were all unlocked.My new digital camera and everything else were sitting on the front seat.All were find.Honest people in N.H. or just plain lucky??

Holy smokes - you are on a run for sure - LOL. These things sound like something that I would do!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default key

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    sounds like it's time for one of those magnetic hidey key things on the vehicle! I did that and it has saved me more than once.
    Sounds like a key piece of advice to me. ;-)

-RanMan22