vb:literal>

Thread: Next kayak trip ( not an event )

Default Next kayak trip ( not an event )

Since I had such a good time with the 2 kayak trips so far this summer. I wanted to start another " kayak trip thread " Anyone want to organize this one up north a bit? One suggestion would be to do " Indian Pond " since it is a fantastic paddle and has a multi stage cache there. Who's up for it? Since the weather does not look really great the rest of the summer. Rick will probally not be interested. The past 2 trips were more for the paddling than the caching, but it doesn't hurt to justify the mileage.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

And where would Indian Pond be? Depends on what weekend also.

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Indian Pond Underwater Railroad? Went to the cache page and it looks awesome. Up near Moosehead, right?
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    Indian Pond Underwater Railroad? Went to the cache page and it looks awesome. Up near Moosehead, right?
    Yes!! kayakerinme has done it and has described it as a wonderful place he wants to revisit. Must be really nice.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    Yes, it awesome! I wrote more about it in this thread:http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...read.php?t=704

It was a very long day's investment and well worth the trip. Don't be put off by 8-stages. They're very close together and easy to find. Camping is available on the pond and in many other areas around Greenville.

I'd like to revisit and explore more of the pond and the surrounding area.

I think another good trip would be to put in at Bethel and head down the Androscoggin and take out somewhere above Rumford falls. The trip is called the Androscoggin River Trip. It is a 20 mile trip and you take out in Rumford. You don't have to do all 20 miles. I have always bee interested in this trip but could not find anyone interested in doing it.

I just wanted to through this idea out there too.
    Blazing Troll

Exclamation Available Dates

There are 2 events in July. The 4X4 Tread Lightly on the 22nd. This would put us somewhat near some decent kayaking on Sunday the 23rd. And the Kayak Event on the 29th in Stonington. ( no need to add anymore kayaking here since it IS a kayak event ) That leaves the 8th and 9th, 15th, and 16th.