vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garmin 60CSx vs. 76CSx?

How do you do that? Actually, it would be really awesome if it had some sort of sensor and alarm that would tell me when I am about to take these tumbles. I would be a lot less black and blue, but those who cache with me would likely be less entertained!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    . . . Additionally, the direction arrow on mine is ALWAYS ( a strong word, but it is true!) pointing in the opposite direction from others who I am caching with . . .
    Are you sure you aren't using a Magellan?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    How do you do that? Actually, it would be really awesome if it had some sort of sensor and alarm that would tell me when I am about to take these tumbles. I would be a lot less black and blue, but those who cache with me would likely be less entertained!
    I have such a sensor and alarm . . . first my body's internal gyroscopic feature realizes a loss of equilibrium followed shortly thereafter by an impending sense of doom or at the very least a falling sensation all of which are followed by a few vocal alarms/expletives as I do a nose dive, trip over my own feet and swear at the rock, stick, my two feet, tree roots, my own genetics, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I have such a sensor and alarm . . . first my body's internal gyroscopic feature realizes a loss of equilibrium followed shortly thereafter by an impending sense of doom or at the very least a falling sensation all of which are followed by a few vocal alarms/expletives as I do a nose dive, trip over my own feet and swear at the rock, stick, my two feet, tree roots, my own genetics, etc.
    I was a witness to this event...at a recent cache in Orrington!!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    I was a witness to this event...at a recent cache in Orrington!!
    Hmmm . . . I don't recall falling down there . . . maybe I hit my head, blacked out and suffered a memory lapse from the concussion. If nothing else it gave me a good excuse as to why I couldn't find that cache the first time around.

Hmmm . . . I don't recall falling down there . . . maybe I hit my head, blacked out and suffered a memory lapse from the concussion. If nothing else it gave me a good excuse as to why I couldn't find that cache the first time around.
    But I have NO excuse for not finding it first time...except I KNEW it was going to rain??

I've been trying to figure out which one to get also.....still haven't decided.

LOL - this sounds like the same sensor and alarm that I have - including the expletives! I'm hoping to find something that will give me the warning before that very first step is set into motion - lol
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Post MAP60CSx

I chose the 60CSx because I liked the format of the buttons on the bottom. The 76 is geared more towards water navigation, and floats. The 60CSx sinks like a rock, and was 50.00 less. My new 60 gets immediate reception and stays locked on, better than my Vista. I also wanted the auto-routing, which the software, " city navigator " does not come in the box. I found it on the internet for 119.00. L.L.Beans did have Version 7, I ordered V8. The other accessory I got was the AC cord,(39.50) Now the batteries do not take a beating in the truck, and the backlight is always on when plugged in. The good news, EMS is having a 20% off sale thru July 4th. Saved me over 100.00. There are quite a few new additions that the 60CSx has that I didn't know about, but I'm happy to have and play with.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Hi Sudonim !

I prefer the 60CSx because of its ergonomic design. On the 60CSx, the buttons are located at the bottom and for the 76CSx, they are located at the top.

I can easily use my 60CSx with only one hand but I can't figure out how I can do that with a 76CSx.

Even with the $100 rebate on the 76CSx, my personal choice is definitively the 60CSx.