vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I found this cache, but it had been archived...

Default So I found this cache, but it had been archived...

I was doing the tour of the North Maine Woods this weekend, and noticed a waypoint near me on the GPSr. Found the cache and logged my find. When I got ready to log in the computer, it said that the cache had been archived (a year ago) and the listing had been locked, no new log entries allowed.
    Now, I found the cache (still there even though it had been archived), signed the log...is there any provision for logging if the cache is still there???
    BTW, cache in question is GCKNHR

Hey Andy if you find a way to log it let me know cause I too found that cache last November when I was up that way for a weekend of caching and signed the log as well and couldn't log it. I must have been the last person to sign it before you. I even emailed the owners about having it picked up but got no reply. Maybe if there is someone who lives in that area can pick it up as it is archived.
    Last edited by Haffy; 06-26-2006 at 07:18 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Another rescue mission!!

Caches are usually locked for a reason, but not sure why this one was. Anyway, it seems you are out of luck as far as logging it. Someone should remove it, however.

I don't know why this particular cache page was locked, so I wrote to the cache owner to ask if it is OK to unlock it but leave it archived. I'll let you know if I get a response.

-gpsfun

Thanks Brad so maybe I do get to celebrate the 500th cache at the geocoin event after all.........lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gpsfun
    I don't know why this particular cache page was locked, so I wrote to the cache owner to ask if it is OK to unlock it but leave it archived. I'll let you know if I get a response.

-gpsfun
    I did not receive a response from the cache owner, so I have unlocked the cache page so you folks who have found it can log your finds.

Please do not encourage others to search for it as it is archived and should be off nearly everyone's radar screen - except those of you who never clear out your GPSr.

Hopefully one last cacher will remove it. Where are those Rescue Rangers? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Hopefully one last cacher will remove it. Where are those Rescue Rangers? ;-)

Is that an image of a "RR" that I see spotlighted in the night sky . . . although I could be wrong, it may be an image of a bat . . . or maybe it's an image of a kayak.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Is that an image of a "RR" that I see spotlighted in the night sky . . . although I could be wrong, it may be an image of a bat . . . or maybe it's an image of a kayak.
    Or maybe it's Tat throwing a tire!