vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking: us topo

d’76 Guest

I use mapsource and I would recommend it most of the time. It hasnt been updated recently and it doesnt auto route

that is the one I am looking at.... I am wary of the EBay ones. I think 3.02 is the latest version of it.

Just would like ot have some elevation idea if I am on a trail... or maybe know how close I am to the top of a mountain... lol I guess that could be inspirational or dejecting... lol

I use mapsource topo now, and I just started to look at the elevation lines. We chose topo because it was the only one we knew of when we bought our gpsr. I just got a 2004 Street Atlas USA to try out because I am lousy with directions. Does anyone know if this version is worth the try or should I go straight to the 2006? GSAK gets added tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls
    I use mapsource topo now, and I just started to look at the elevation lines. We chose topo because it was the only one we knew of when we bought our gpsr. I just got a 2004 Street Atlas USA to try out because I am lousy with directions. Does anyone know if this version is worth the try or should I go straight to the 2006? GSAK gets added tonight..
    Garmin City Select might be a better choice than Street Atlas even though it is more expensive. You can upload the maps from City Select to your GPSr and take advantage of the auto-routing capabilities of your 76cs. City Select can also be used on your computer to plan routes and manage waypoints.