vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jen's rant about caching....

d’76 Guest

So Jake,

Was that an anonomus letter or was that you disguising it as someone else. I thinnk firemen have way to much time on your hands. I am going to start lighting fires around the greater bangor area just to keep you busy.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    So Jake,

Was that an anonomus letter or was that you disguising it as someone else. I thinnk firemen have way to much time on your hands. I am going to start lighting fires around the greater bangor area just to keep you busy.
    Just attempting a bit of satire . . . and as for the fires . . . It will not bother me since I'll be out of the office for the next few days (I think my wife has some work projects planned around the house . . . she mentioned something about not spending all of my time ATVing, geocaching, snowmobiling, etc.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Just attempting a bit of satire . . . and as for the fires . . . It will not bother me since I'll be out of the office for the next few days (I think my wife has some work projects planned around the house . . . she mentioned something about not spending all of my time ATVing, geocaching, snowmobiling, etc.)
    Satire is noted...are we doing a little "Boz" here?? And I noticed you started that work around the house by doing a cache on Chick Hill. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    Satire is noted...are we doing a little "Boz" here?? And I noticed you started that work around the house by doing a cache on Chick Hill. LOL!
    Color me confused . . . Boz??? Not sure what the reference is to . . . but then again I'm sometimes quite dense.

And yes I'll admit I did Chick Hill before coming home from work yesterday . . . I figured I may not be doing much geocaching in the next few days (although I have plans to release two new caches tonight or tomorrow in time for the long weekend -- I just have to sneak out of the house for a bit) so I thought I would squeeze at least one cache in this week for my "fix."

I swear I sometimes feel like a junky . . . always wanting that rush, that unsatiable craving to find "just one more" cache, the feeling that I have never found enough in one day/week/trip, etc.

Incidentally, I love Chick Hill. It was wicked fun driving up the road with the 4Runner locked in low 4WD. Pretty foggy at the top so no view -- I have seen the great view before. And some of the blueberries were ripe so I ate a bunch for a Scooby-snack -- at least I'm pretty sure they were blueberries . . . although maybe they were not . . . could explain the hallucinations I had shortly thereafter of dancing pill bottles chasing me all over Chick Hill until I managed to climb up one of the towers there.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Color me confused . . . Boz??? Not sure what the reference is to . . . but then again I'm sometimes quite dense.
    Charles Dickens' Sketches by Boz social commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    Charles Dickens' Sketches by Boz social commentary.
    sometimes i think he's more like the men in dickens' pickwick papers!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"