vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jen's rant about caching....

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    . . . I still appreciate the cacher for taking their time to place a cache and invite others to search out the cache . . . .)
    Well said right there. Unfortunately cache etiquette needs to be learned and we do that by finding more caches and reading others' logs and posts. We need to appreciate everone's efforts because all our circumstances are different. Just have fun darn it.

See Jen,nothing to worry about. KK has offered to check on the caches for you if you want and don't get caught up on some comments of an inexperienced cacher. Heck 31 feet, I wish some of the caches that I have found were in the 31 foot area...lol. Just do the best that you can. I'm sure if your caching days are numbered then there are plenty of us folks out here who would gladly either adopt those caches or you could just have them archived and someone else can put one there if they want. I wouldn't let it bother me.

And now about the 4th Annual Geochicks BBQ....................
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Jen don't let one person make you stop placing a cache or caching! I might make mention of a wet cache, etc., but I am just thankful (most of the time ) that someone's cache enticed me to get out of the house and go play! I would never bad-mouth their efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Oh god, has it been THAT long?
    Yes, it has....

I'll talk to Geochick Ann (I call her mom!) and see what we can swing for a BBQ this year!

Plus, Colleen no longer eats rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins
    Jen don't let one person make you stop placing a cache or caching! I might make mention of a wet cache, etc., but I am just thankful (most of the time ) that someone's cache enticed me to get out of the house and go play! I would never bad-mouth their efforts!
    ditto from us! And honestly, I think it is my responsibility to leave things better than I found them and if I have the materials to clean up a cache or replace the container then I do it to help out the cache owner. And besides where is the gratitude? You adopted these caches from a kid who had abandoned them! Just a newbie bein' a dork.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Did you ever hear the story about how I was FTF on a cache at the 1st one when I had no waypoints or description?
    You be nice!! I will drive all the way up there and fick your ear again!!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Well Jen I don't know you at all...
    (Incidentally, Jen . . . the one cache I did of yours was in a good condition and I enjoyed it.)
    Actually, Jake we do know each other, but you just don't know we do...

I used to work for Maine Injury Prevention, and worked with K. Zwicker, who knew you.. there was a conference at the Civic Center that I did the registration table for... and I didn't put one and one together until I saw your log on that cache.... and realised you were at that conference....

Quote Originally Posted by Geochicks
    Actually, Jake we do know each other, but you just don't know we do...

I used to work for Maine Injury Prevention, and worked with K. Zwicker, who knew you.. there was a conference at the Civic Center that I did the registration table for... and I didn't put one and one together until I saw your log on that cache.... and realised you were at that conference....
    Ah, the story of my life . . . folks know me, but I don't know them. It's surprising to me that I have met so many geocachers before I was involved in geocaching in other ways (i.e. Attroll while snowmobiling, Cameooo while working as a photographer/fire safety guru, Tuna and Clan while ATVing, Dave1976 while working as a fire safety instuctor, etc.)

Well I'm still at a lost since I have a lousy memory for faces and names . . . but I do know Kathryn and the conference was great (plus it allowed me to do a few caches on the way down and way back from Augusta -- tell Kathryn she needs to do a few more confernences by the way since I still have a couple more of your caches to do as well as some by KK and others in the area! )

Keep the faith there geochicks . . . and remember family and friends come first and foremost
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Dave that would be the 4th BBQ
    Oh no Dave - you better get this square in your mind - if you don't you will always be off on the anniversary of a very important date!! Yikessssssssss!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Oh no Dave - you better get this square in your mind - if you don't you will always be off on the anniversary of a very important date!! Yikessssssssss!!!
    It's your anniversary? Happy Anniversary!