vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swiss Army Knife

This is what I got for a reply from DeLorme. I can not find the file they are talking about but I am still looking:
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I have over 500 waypoints on my handheld and I want to delete them all or just a bunch of them. Is there a way of doing this without having to delete them one at a time?
    I think you have a Palm from some of your posts, but you didn't specifically say, but this works for it. If you have any file management utility on the PDA, then delete the file XMapWptsDB. A new empty file will be created the next time you fire up SA2005HH on the PDA. Before you sync next time, make a copy of the XMapHHWptsRcv file if you want to save the stuff because the next time you hotsync it will be empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorme

I went to my DeLorme Doc\Mobile Mps\Wpts Transfer\ XMapHHWptsSend and put the following in between the BEGIN SYMBOL and END statements and did a sync with my handheld. This put all my waypoints that I stuck between these statements on my handheld maps. I also noticed that once I did this my DeLorme Doc\Mobile Mps\Wpts Transfer\ XMapHHWptsRcv file had the same statements added to it automatically. Hoe does this coincide with this?
    This happens because when you sync, it picks up the data in the XMapHHWptsSend file, and adds it to the XMapWptsDB file on the PDA, which then gets backed up to the XMapHHWptsRcv file on the PC.
    Blazing Troll

I found the file they were talking about. It is on my main memory of my Palm. But I had to download a file manager to see it. You can not see it with anything that come standard with the Zire 72.
    Blazing Troll

What file manager did you download?

Exclamation Sounds like a good plan

Yes do tell what you downloaded for a file manager.

Default File manager

That would be a handy tool. I'd be interested to know where you got it too. Actually, I found it on www.download.com. The file is called FileZ 5.3.2. You can find it if you do a search for file manager for Palm.
    Last edited by parmachenee; 11-15-2004 at 11:04 AM.

Default Cool stuff!!!

I tried the file manager you suggested and it worked like a charm. Delete the file that DeLorme said and they all go bye bye. Now I can load only the ones in the area I'm caching at.

I will attach the one I downloaded to this message.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Blazing Troll

Default FileZ

This is a newer version than 5.3.2 by the same person. You can read the version history with the adobe file in the extraction.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I found the file they were talking about. It is on my main memory of my Palm. But I had to download a file manager to see it. You can not see it with anything that come standard with the Zire 72.
    I'm a little surprised that your Palm didn't come with some sort of a file manager. It may have been an option to install when you did your initial software installation? I could be very wrong, just seems odd that it wouldn't come with something basic like that.

-RanMan

Mine didn't come with one. But the program discussed here seems very good if you ned one...