vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mapsource help

If you have a memory card reader it will scan the card and tell you how much is used and how much is available. I'll check on one other way and get back to you if it works.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler
    If you have a memory card reader it will scan the card and tell you how much is used and how much is available. I'll check on one other way and get back to you if it works.
    Will that work on a printer that you can put various memory cards in and read it as an external drive?

That should work just fine.

I do not think that will work on the 60 csx, I belive that the card is only readable in the unit. Probally a proprietory file system format. I tried that on my original card when I first got my 1 gig card. would have made loading the map a whole lot faster if I could have done it through my reader.

Yeah - I know that - but it would be nice to be able to check it in the GPSr.

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    I do not think that will work on the 60 csx, I belive that the card is only readable in the unit. Probally a proprietory file system format. I tried that on my original card when I first got my 1 gig card. would have made loading the map a whole lot faster if I could have done it through my reader.
    No - I haven't tried it, but you should be able to see the card, if not read the files. I have an adapter that came with my 256mb mini-SD card that I can use in a card reader - but what a pain to take the mini-SD out of the GPSr! LOL!

(I note that the brands are the same, as well - the 64mb card that came with the GPSr and the bigger one I got.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    No - I haven't tried it, but you should be able to see the card, if not read the files. I have an adapter that came with my 256mb mini-SD card that I can use in a card reader - but what a pain to take the mini-SD out of the GPSr! LOL!

(I note that the brands are the same, as well - the 64mb card that came with the GPSr and the bigger one I got.
    I will have to look at mine when I get home. If my memory is forrect I could see the card but it was not in a readable format but i will confirm tonight

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    I will have to look at mine when I get home. If my memory is forrect I could see the card but it was not in a readable format but i will confirm tonight
    I just stuck the original card in a reader and looked at it. I see a 47,043 k file entitled gmappsup.img. Sound familiar?