vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delorme Challenge conquered AGAIN!

WoW - way to go! I probably won't live long enough.

I'm jealous! I only rode the ferry over to Vinalhaven. The truth is that I wanted to take the van but when they saw it they said no way are you bringing that thing on our boat!

The real truth is that I really did not have any money left for the fare for the van. All those miles, gas, cups of coffee took their toll. I put about 2,000 mile on it 4 days of caching, but that does not count the 35 or so that I had done previously. The challenge is an awesome experience and highly recommended by this cacher.

I did hit a hare (snowshoe rabbit) going to do GCWW0E and when I drove back 20 minutes later it was gone. Probably a coyote. I left no body parts behind and did not even have a flat tire (which is rare for travelling in those parts) but boy did my mapping software take me on two little out of the way jaunts. Alder brush trying to rip the mirrors off the van and brush so thick you could not even see the sky! Don't believe everything Delorme software tells you!

Andy we will have to compare notes sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler
    I'm jealous! I only rode the ferry over to Vinalhaven. The truth is that I wanted to take the van but when they saw it they said no way are you bringing that thing on our boat!
    I was wondering why you didn't do GCGQ5A on the north end of the island. I figured that you were in enough of a hurry that you wanted to catch the same boat back. I had to pedal 5 miles north, hike a half mile, get the cache, then do it all over in 1.5 hours to catch the next ferry!

I had heard so many horror stories about getting flat tires on the golden road, that in addition to my regular spare, I brought 2 extra tires that I had in storage, as well as a patch kit, pump and 12v inverter! Didn't flat once, must have been the overwhelming karma in the back of the wagon.

Andy, you did it! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    I had heard so many horror stories about getting flat tires on the golden road, that in addition to my regular spare, I brought 2 extra tires that I had in storage, as well as a patch kit, pump and 12v inverter! Didn't flat once, must have been the overwhelming karma in the back of the wagon.

We had 3 up there this past week
    Happy Trails!

Default Congrats Andy

Congratulations, Andy! Team2hunt, Mainiac1957, Tat and I could have used your spares. We talked about the Delorme challenge a lot and nabbed some caches up that way, just in case we go after this one. Maine is truely a beautiful place to explore and for me, geocaching is for getting out and discovering beautiful and interesting places. It's all worth the travel, breakdowns, and fun!

Default Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen
    Congratulations, Andy! Team2hunt, Mainiac1957, Tat and I could have used your spares. We talked about the Delorme challenge a lot and nabbed some caches up that way, just in case we go after this one. Maine is truely a beautiful place to explore and for me, geocaching is for getting out and discovering beautiful and interesting places. It's all worth the travel, breakdowns, and fun!

Couldn't have said it better. Congrats Andy.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Right behind you all the way!!!

Congrats!

d’76 Guest

Man Andy you are crazy. I thought that some one would get an ftf and an stf but i never thought it would be so soon. Congrats