vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Should we have a Geocaching Maine Organization? (rules in first post for responding)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 34.43%
  • No

30 49.18%
  • I don't care

10 16.39%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Should we form a Geocaching Maine Organization?

I would suggest this thread just be closed as it has aged to the point where it should be no longer under discussion. Let's move on, people!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHa
    At the very least the poll should be deleated prior to closeing the election as the numbers aren't there to support having the election. Frankly the existance of the poll reflects poorly on the ethics of the nominees.
    The ethics of the nominees??? I'm sorry, "dude", but I think you owe me an apology. This has NOTHING to do with the ethics of the moninees.

A meeting of GeocachingMaine was held and THEY decided to form an Advisory Committee. Nominations for the advisory committee were made by the members. If their decision is not what you want, deal with it.

You're WAY off base!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I would suggest this thread just be closed as it has aged to the point where it should be no longer under discussion. Let's move on, people!
    I FULLY agree!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    , deal with it.

You're WAY off base!!!

The poll results say it all.

d’76 Guest

I see what is going on. I think that rockyha is having trouble deciding who to vote for so they are trying to fire the nominees up to see who answers the most politically correct. That was very clever. Smart thinking. NOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    I see what is going on. I think that rockyha is having trouble deciding who to vote for so they are trying to fire the nominees up to see who answers the most politically correct. That was very clever. Smart thinking. NOT!!!!
    No sorry, I haven't much respect for politically correct or verbose empty statements, I'm more into honesty, integrety and doing things right.

d’76 Guest

No sorry, I haven't much respect for politically correct or verbose empty statements, I'm more into honesty, integrety and doing things right.
    I would really like to know if you have anything what so ever constructive to say. Seems like you have just been going on and on. So tell us. If we where to scrap this whole idea. What exactly would you have done differently. We have batted this around for at least the almost two years that I have been around. Maybe just maybe we missed something and you could resolve years of discussion in just the week since you showed up.

My concern is that the poll doesn't support the election, the numbers aren't there to justify saying the membership is in favor of organizing, hence calling into question the ethics of the nominees.

Sure there are several ways to go about it. Theb best in my opinion is to form a stearing committee of individuals interested. If that is a large group, then elect leadership within the committee. Generate a propasal; makeup of the board, basic duties and responcibilities, purpose of the board, terms of office, removal of a member of the board and such. Then conduct a poll. If the membership is not in favor of something, address the membership concerns and run a new poll. Once there is a poll infavor of organizing, conduct an election and put the board to work. The board is actually representing the membership, everyone knows what they are voting for and their commitments and responcibilities. No one can come back a year from now when your trying to represent Maine Geocachers and use the poll to demonstrate that the existance of the board doesn't even represent the wishes of the members of geocachingmaine.org.

Granted not simple and probably not everyone gets what they want innitially, but leads to a lot less potential for problems down the road.

Rocky

Rocky, this poll is old news. As we have said at least once before, there has been a more recent vote. The organization will move on. It would be nice if you accepted that plan and moved along with us, instead of debating issues which are null and void now. We may as well be debating the writing of the Declaration of Independence.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

My concern is that the poll doesn't support the election, the numbers aren't there to justify saying the membership is in favor of organizing, hence calling into question the ethics of the nominees.

Sure there are several ways to go about it. Theb best in my opinion is to form a stearing committee of individuals interested. If that is a large group, then elect leadership within the committee. Generate a propasal; makeup of the board, basic duties and responcibilities, purpose of the board, terms of office, removal of a member of the board and such. Then conduct a poll. If the membership is not in favor of something, address the membership concerns and run a new poll. Once there is a poll infavor of organizing, conduct an election and put the board to work. The board is actually representing the membership, everyone knows what they are voting for and their commitments and responcibilities. No one can come back a year from now when your trying to represent Maine Geocachers and use the poll to demonstrate that the existance of the board doesn't even represent the wishes of the members of geocachingmaine.org.

Granted not simple and probably not everyone gets what they want innitially, but leads to a lot less potential for problems down the road.

Rocky
    Much of this is in motion. I agree that the poll doesnt support the fact that we moved forward to start putting togeather a list of nominees, Girlmate and I where strongly against forming an organization. After many folks started sharing their point of views they swayed our decision the other way. So all of this being said I would beleive that we where not the only ones that changed our minds. Remember the poll was placed then we voted and as we discussed it in the forumns many minds where changed.