vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Should we have a Geocaching Maine Organization? (rules in first post for responding)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 34.43%
  • No

30 49.18%
  • I don't care

10 16.39%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we form a Geocaching Maine Organization?

Simply stated, (as I've stated before), I won't become a member of an organization with "leaders" who behave like that. And I think other folks should know who they are dealing with when they do join an organization. (there are other organizations that I don't recommend either). I see no need to take it up with them as I cannot change anyone except myself, so why beat my head against a wall? If they want to behave like that (and it has been a pattern) than why make the effort. I was only sharing the information I have so others can make an educated choice about the kind of people they would be associating with.
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    Simply stated, (as I've stated before), I won't become a member of an organization with "leaders" who behave like that. And I think other folks should know who they are dealing with when they do join an organization. (there are other organizations that I don't recommend either). I see no need to take it up with them as I cannot change anyone except myself, so why beat my head against a wall? If they want to behave like that (and it has been a pattern) than why make the effort. I was only sharing the information I have so others can make an educated choice about the kind of people they would be associating with.
    ditto! and well stated!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I do agree that you're not going to change it. But if you need to avoid everyone who has driven where they shouldn't, gone for midnight FTF's in daytime areas, or gossipped, you've got a full time job just keeping track.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

d’76 Guest

Lets keep this on track....

The last few post have had nothing to do with the toppic

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    If you become a member of an organization, regardless of the "leaders" you have the right to say something. Without joining you really have no right to complain how they are behaving, if you join you are now in a position to make positive changes. Look at it this way, don't join as a follower, join as a leader and help make positive changes. Also remember, if you don't place yourself in a position to change things then those that portray a bad image are free to represent geocaching as they see fit. Be pro-active and not re-active.

I understand the issues, I was one of the first to complain when someone drove into a cache when I strictly forbade it. I told that individual what I thought and hopefully we have come to some sort of understanding.

The big issue here isn't who is doing what, its what we want our message to be to the non-geocaching community. We should focus on that understanding that there are "differing" personalities out there.

I hate to see something that could be positive tainted because of personality differences. I'm not advocating "forgiving and forgetting", I advocating moving on and addressing the bigger issues that can greatly challenge geocaching.

The only reason I brought any of this up again was because some had suggested that Smitty was not being reasonable. I was trying to defend him and his choice.
    And respectfully TRF, I disagree. When you support an organization whose message is one thing and they do another it's hipocracy, not "differing" personalities.

Now, back on topic!
    :-)
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Could we please stop this now her said she said type of discuusion. We need to not let the past issues consume us. We need to move on. I think people on this site know what the founding members of The MGA did in the past before they formed The MGA and if this is going to be there downfall then let it, but we do not need to continue to dwell on it.

It is done and over with. Lets not make ourselves look bad by constantly bring this up over and over again. It will get us no where.
    Blazing Troll

Do you mind if people join both?
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky
    People should be encouraged to join both as they both have something unique to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky
    It may be the only way to know what's going on. Despite what they claim, they are competition. Both are supplying similar services to a similar group of people. Just like when you want to know news, you might look at two different TV stations, there is bound to eventually be something on one site that is lacking on the other.