vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Should we have a Geocaching Maine Organization? (rules in first post for responding)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 34.43%
  • No

30 49.18%
  • I don't care

10 16.39%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we form a Geocaching Maine Organization?

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Could we please stop this now her said she said type of discuusion. We need to not let the past issues consume us. We need to move on. I think people on this site know what the founding members of The MGA did in the past before they formed The MGA and if this is going to be there downfall then let it, but we do not need to continue to dwell on it.

It is done and over with. Lets not make ourselves look bad by constantly bring this up over and over again. It will get us no where.
    I agree. We REALLy need to move on and do what we need to do to protect Geocaching in Maine and make it an enjoyable sport for EVERYONE. Let's not dwell on the past and move FORWARD......

Team Teebow 2
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

I would also suggest, knowing that the MGA fears posting to this site, that any comments should be posted on their site. Not much sense talking to the wall here.

I for one am staying right where I am, I am a happy member of both geocaching.com and geocachingmaine.org. So far, in my limited involvement in the hobby, I have found all the useful information I need between these two websites. Right now I consider the geocachingmaine site the Official representative for Maine and I believe the folks over at the geocaching.com site do as well. It was thru them that I found this site.

Just my 2 cents worth!
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
    There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
    There is society, where none intrudes,
    by the deep sea, and music in its roar;
    I love not man less, but Nature more.
    ~Lord Byron

d’76 Guest

If any one does care. I have learned alot and have learned that some times people dont like to listen to folks shooting there mouth off. I have done my share of that. I would like to point out that in paragraph 4 section a clearly says these topics of conversation are unacceptable.http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx
    I would encourage all to read them just to freshen up a bit. Me included

Believe me Dave we know you have. These are rules for the Groundspeak forums.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Believe me Dave we know you have. These are rules for the Groundspeak forums.
    They dont apply here??

Have you read any of the flaming and other crap that goes on at the Groundspeak forums? We are mild here compared to there. And I am not condoning what has gone on in here either just making a point that they don't conform to their own rules either.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    They dont apply here??
    I did not say that I was pointing out that those were the rules for the Groundspeak forums. If these are the rules you are referring to then please show me where someone has broken these rules and I will apologize for missing the post and not deleting it.

(a) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, embarrassing, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to any other person or entity.
    Here is our web site user agreement: http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index.php?page=agreement
    Blazing Troll

Not that it matters, but my vote is "No" because the different areas of the state will not will not be equally represented. Unfortunatelt the way the voting is set up now, Organization could actually hurt Geocaching in Maine. An official elected board from Bangor probably isnt going to be very effective representation in western or southern Maine.

This approach is a beginning point only. It is anticipated that the board will develop suggestions that will help to ensure that the state, as a whole, is represented.
    ~ Beach Comber ~