vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Should we have a Geocaching Maine Organization? (rules in first post for responding)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 34.43%
  • No

30 49.18%
  • I don't care

10 16.39%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Should we form a Geocaching Maine Organization?

I am very sorry you never got the first one. It had to be a glitch unless you had your "receive administrator emails" turned off at the time. The system did a mass email to everyone that had "receive administrator emails" turned on.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

The other possiblilty is that an email filter may have checked that email into the junk drawer. I get some emails from gc.com in my email and some go directly to the junk drawer and I have to go ge them. I would check your filter aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I am very sorry you never got the first one. It had to be a glitch unless you had your "receive administrator emails" turned off at the time. The system did a mass email to everyone that had "receive administrator emails" turned on.
    Don't know "Recieve administrator emails" was turned on I checked settings to day to see if any of my settings could have caused the problem, it should have come through but didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    The other possiblilty is that an email filter may have checked that email into the junk drawer. I get some emails from gc.com in my email and some go directly to the junk drawer and I have to go ge them. I would check your filter aswell.
    LOL If iit was filtered it wasn't on my end.

For what its worth... we didn't see the first email either. We did, however, see the second one. It is possible that a few of the mass emails did not go through. It might be worth looking into for future mailings. Possibly break down the number of emails sent out at any one time... chop the list in half or quarters.

There is a possibility that it could have been my fault on the first email not reaching everyone. It was the very first time I did a mass email with the forum software and I may have done something wrong. But it looks like the last two went out and everyone got those. So maybe I have the hang of it now. So you can blame me if you want.
    Blazing Troll

I don't think blame is the issue. The issue is the only 59 people voted and the majority voted "No". It has been stated that everyone had an oppertunity to participate in the nomination process and they did not.

Clearly this is being rushed into. The discussion indicates that this board is more than just a board to oversee the activities of this web site and forum but will claim to represent the membership in matters outside the forums and internet (such as matters of land access). if this board is to have any credability as actual representatives of the members of this group, then an effort must be made to actually make it so.

First a mass mailing should have been made anouncing the discussion of the matter stating when the poll would be posted (after a period of discussion). The poll should conducted and abided by.

If the membership decided to move forward, rules should be set up for the election before it is conducted not in a thread after the election has been started.

Please, cast me as a 'NO' in the vote for formulating an organization! I think this would be an inappropriate move for such a fine hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHa
    I don't think blame is the issue. The issue is the only 59 people voted and the majority voted "No". It has been stated that everyone had an oppertunity to participate in the nomination process and they did not.

Clearly this is being rushed into. The discussion indicates that this board is more than just a board to oversee the activities of this web site and forum but will claim to represent the membership in matters outside the forums and internet (such as matters of land access). if this board is to have any credability as actual representatives of the members of this group, then an effort must be made to actually make it so.

First a mass mailing should have been made anouncing the discussion of the matter stating when the poll would be posted (after a period of discussion). The poll should conducted and abided by.

If the membership decided to move forward, rules should be set up for the election before it is conducted not in a thread after the election has been started.

If you read though the entire thread, you'll see many people changed their mind to some extent. A discussion should have come before the vote - we know that now. Myself, I am still middle of the road. I don't want a powerful board, but I think we need a few people to see voting, contacting members, and things of that sort get done when needed and in the proper time frame. Regarding land access, the board will probably have little to do with that as well, short of helping getting the right people together when needed and getting that information available on the web site. Many of our members allready have relationships with different land owners/managers and the board is better off to back them up when needed than to take over the process. Whether I am elected or not, I have no intention of letting the board be the only people representing GeocachingMaine.org.

We have to start somewhere. That's why we had a physical meeting to decide just where to start. It's hard to make guidelines for doing this stuff when there is no one to help the process appeal to the majority and to go more smoothly.

So let's not get all excited. Let's get our trial group elected and back them up as well. All GeocachingMaine.org members will be able to voice their opinions of approval or disapproval as time goes on. If, in 6 months or a year, we decide we need to change the members, purpose, or existance of this group we will do so.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

d’76 Guest

I like what was said earlier. I got both emails but since I had been following the forumns I knew everything that was talked about.