vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Should we have a Geocaching Maine Organization? (rules in first post for responding)

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 34.43%
  • No

30 49.18%
  • I don't care

10 16.39%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we form a Geocaching Maine Organization?

I think I would be all for appointing persons to represent caching. When I first started working with the Kennebec Land Trust I mustve been asked about 20 times about a geocaching organization, and the only answer I could give was... well, we meet on the trails and the internet. It would be nice PR to have some place to refer people too.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I agree with what Quoddy and Hiram has said. When I found out about a few caches in the Boothby Region not being maintained, I approached them and asked them if they would be willing to adopt the caches. I gave them the cache owners name and email address and they took it upon themselves to go through the proper channels to be able to adopt all of the caches that were on the BRLT preserves. They now have full control over all of the caches on their land trusts and they can't be happier about it. I just wish at the time that we would have had a go to person that could have directed them to the proper people,as it was I took it upon myself to guide them in what I had hoped would be the proper ettique and channels to go through. I hoped that I succeeded. And the cache owner even thanked me afterwards for the steps that were taken for this to happen. If we decide to go about this organization thing then it at least would be a good idea to ask for a few people who would be responsible enough to help out when the needs arose for a situation as this.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Perhaps we should re-phrase the voting poll and ask again?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Yes, the formation of something like this "organization" for informational purposes, for want of a better term would be sensible. It is when folks start talking dues, bylaws, club houses, merchandise sales, etc. that warning flags should go up.

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team
    Yes, the formation of something like this "organization" for informational purposes, for want of a better term would be sensible. It is when folks start talking dues, bylaws, club houses, merchandise sales, etc. that warning flags should go up.
    I concure with that.
    Blazing Troll

Ditto and more ditto

Great minds think alike!

Let me get this straight. All most people are saying is that we need to assign a representative for the group and that should be it?
    Blazing Troll

I think so, but I think TRF and a ferw others may desire a little more, however.

BTW, rick, you have exceeded your limit for PMs. not sure if you got my last one...

I think" responsible representative" is a good use of the term for anybody in here willing to step up to plate and be just that. I'm sure I can name a few of you who I would like to see take this responsibility.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.