vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: Which is more accurate?

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I think either can be accurate, but you have to consider with the GPSr, if you are going up an incline, only your lateral speed is measured. So, if the road is not level, it will be off a certian percentage. also, the GPSr obtains speed from one point to another, so if you are turning slightly it will, again, determine your speed as if you were going in a straight line. Speedometers, on the other hand are unaffected by these issues.
    If you drive like hiram the tires are usually turning faster than the vehicle is moving.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    If you drive like hiram the tires are usually turning faster than the vehicle is moving.
    Am I right in iterpreting that as "With Hiram, the wheels are spinning, but the car is going nowhere?"

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Am I right in iterpreting that as "With Hiram, the wheels are spinning, but the car is going nowhere?"
    sometimes i make the engine noises too... brrrrrrr brrrrrrrr vvrrrrorooooom
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Either could be more accurate. Both have significant sources of error. As mentioned before, you need something much more accurate to determine if it is your gps or your speedometer. But, instead of blasting by a cop, try the old fashioined way: find a measured mile, they are everywhere! Drive at 60 miles per hour using the gps. It should take 60 seconds. Then, repeat the test with the speedometer. The closest to 60 seconds wins.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    Either could be more accurate. Both have significant sources of error. As mentioned before, you need something much more accurate to determine if it is your gps or your speedometer. But, instead of blasting by a cop, try the old fashioined way: find a measured mile, they are everywhere! Dive at 60 miles per hour using the gps. It should take 60 seconds. Then, repeat the test with the speedometer. The closest to 60 seconds wins.
    Okay, that just takes WAYYYY tooo much time! Blowing by the cop is much quicker and easier...unless of course you have to pull over, show license and registration...get a background check...show him the GPSr for proff of what you were doing...blah blah blah
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMan
    Okay, that just takes WAYYYY tooo much time! Blowing by the cop is much quicker and easier...unless of course you have to pull over, show license and registration...get a background check...show him the GPSr for proff of what you were doing...blah blah blah
    i agree, but as long as you don't stop you shouldn't have a problem... unless you drive slow...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.