vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Anyone have XM radio?

Default RE: Anyone have XM radio?

I am considering purchasing a XM radio satellite receiver and service for my wife -- XM since she specifically likes one of the stations that we get through the satellite TV.

Does anyone here have XM radio and if so, how do you like it? Do you lose reception very often? What do you have for a receiver? Pros/Cons to satellite radio?

Just doing a little research.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I am considering purchasing a XM radio satellite receiver and service for my wife -- XM since she specifically likes one of the stations that we get through the satellite TV.

Does anyone here have XM radio and if so, how do you like it? Do you lose reception very often? What do you have for a receiver? Pros/Cons to satellite radio?

Just doing a little research.
    My dad recently purchased a brandy new GMC Z71. It came with a free 3 months. We where instantly hooked. No bs comerials. It comes in great. Once and awhile in heavey tree cover while on the road but not often. He just purchased an in home theather. Its great in the house. No dead sppots. He bought the same receiver as we have... THe yamaha that we talked about earlier this year.

On another note, ANdy sells Serious Satellite radio and when I went and talked to him about it. He like the serious better. I think He said less dead spots. I bet he can help.

Good Luck

We've had a Sirius radio for about a month now and really like it. We even bought the boombox so we could listen to it on the deck of our house or take it with us to the beach/picnic/geocaching/etc. We love it. Very few dead spots but these are minor...heavy overhead canopy, tunnels.

I have been very happy with XM. It came with our car and I was totally hooked by the time the 3 free months were up. (I used to scoff at satellite radio because I never thought I would pay for radio) I almost never loose reception in our car. There are just a couple of spots were I loose reception for a few seconds because of mountains or tall buildings. We bought a portable MI-FI unit to be able to use both in the other car and in the house. Very easy to swap between the house and the car. It comes with cradles, antennas, and power cords for both. Reception in the car with the MI-FI isn't quite as good as the factory radio in the other car, but that is probably because of the antenna. Reception at home is perfect. This unit also has the ability to record music off XM and play it back later if you are somewhere you don't have reception. Only con as far as I am concerned is the monthly fee. (We prepaid for 3 years and got a substantial discount)

Bought my husband a Sirius radio with the boombox too for Christmas. Got that one as he loves Elvis. We have had super luck and love it. Good reception - few dead spots (boom box did need outside antenna - very small and convenient - for use inside) and we love the lack of commercials.

As for the fee - I prepaid for a year and saved money as well.

A nice gift FFJ - your wife will be please I believe.

I bought this one......

Delphi XM™ MyFi™ Portable Satellite Radio Receiver (SA10113)

for my husband for Christmas. He loves it. He wanted something portable and likes the stations/channels that are available. He takes it everywhere - which is pretty much limited to the greater Portland area. Says the reception is great. I prepaid a year to save $.

Have fun!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    We've had Sirius for about 4 months and love it. W bought a new Panasonic stereo because we wanted an MP3 player in the car, then bought the Sirius adapter for the Panasonic.

Andy installed it for us and did a great job. We had almost decided on Sirius over XM, but talked with Andy about both of them when we went to pick up our Maine geocoins. With his recommendation, it tipped the balance to Sirius.

Sheesh! If you got XM, you wouldn't be able to get Howard Stern! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Sheesh! If you got XM, you wouldn't be able to get Howard Stern! LOL!
    Gee, that's too bad - LOL!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Got a Roady 2 for 1.5 years now and I can't live without it. My only complaint is that the antenna didn't fair too well in the winter and had to get a replacement. Now the antenna is inside (rear view mirror rod) and I'm more prone to signal loss but as the previous post said - hills & tall buildings are the biggest factor. Home kit is a must. Either provider is good

We have Sirius radio in our truck...oops the husband's truck...and he wouldn't be without it. Bought Sirius after lengthy discussions with multiple sales people in Bangor area stores. We travel to Mattagamon Lake a lot and Sirius was highly recomended for nothern travel. Apparently something about the number of satelites that are available to receive from...technical stuff that really didn't make sense but I went with it and we have been happy.
    Becka Francis Family