vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple travel bugs with the same TB number

Default Multiple travel bugs with the same TB number

I have a question or should I say I would like to here some opinions on this. This is regarding travel bugs. I have a travel bug in my hand right now. After researching this travel bug I have found out what the owner has done. They have basically created 5 travel bugs with the same tag. Yes this is what they have done. Tracking the movement on the travel bug is impossible because you have 5 with the same TB number. I understand what they are doing but I think it is personally defeating the purpose of having a Travel bug. You will also have to read the description of it. I don’t think this is right but this is just my opinion. I am not condemning it but just stating how I feel. I will still move the travel bug along as they want. I just wanted to share this with others and se what they think about this?

Here is the link to the travel bug.
    http://www.geocaching.com/track/deta...tracker=579816
    Blazing Troll

I have seen this done on TBs to promote increasing their mileage in a hurry. This looks like a different twist. I can't say as I approve or dissaprove of it as I am not a TB fanatic. There are too many possibilities for things to go wrong with them. But the people that like them love them, and that is fine until they get all bent over whether it turns up missing or some other player is not using the TB the way they think it should be used (not that I am saying you are bent over it, Rick).

TBs were originally created because cachers were placing caches which, when found, would be moved to a new location, and thus termed a travelling cache. A few of these still exist. The only one I know of that has entered Maine is Fly... MARS ROVER (Cache is now IN TRANSIT!) (GCC6B) by mtn-man (1.5/3).

Despite my negativity for TBs, look for one soon from me. Partly inspired by Cindy the Cinderblock, but more so inspired by father, who tended to overdo much that he did in life. I'm glad I didn't get that gene.

Thumbs up I think the clones are a neat concept.

Multiple tags, logging a person with a numbered shirt, or the soon to be seen 4 legged moving loggable TB's. It's like most everything else on GC.com. Interpretation is up to the player. If it's not a specific rule set down by GC then it fair game and up to the player as to how they wish to do it. I don't see how any of the above mentioned styles of TB play hurt anyone, so I say what the heck. Play on! Of course this is only my opinion, so don't shoot me for having one.
    Happy Trails!

I like the creativity too. When I find a tb, or a coin that someone has put a lot of time into, or thought, then I know that person is having a good time and I think that is what it's all about. They will probably just get stolen anyway. Sorry about your coin, Gobler.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    The only one I know of that has entered Maine is Fly... MARS ROVER (Cache is now IN TRANSIT!) (GCC6B) by mtn-man (1.5/3).
    This cache was in Maine for a short time in September 2005. STOP AND GO,GO,GO, 3 by TEAM CAPSAICIN (GCCCC7)
    California

Funny thing is, I think Tat was referring to your avatar....here's the log...

September 23, 2005 by TAT (616 found)
    By reguest of the owner, the cache has been moved to Bangor Maine. Locals should imediately recognisze one of our most well known local cahcer's avatar. So, turn off the gps and look in the only place it could be. Extra credit for finding this w/o gpsr. Ok, if you need coords, try 44 47.329 68 46.663

September 21, 2005 by TAT (616 found)
    Found on the way from Wisconsin to Fort Wayne. It looks like the tb and cache have become separated somehow. Hopefully they can be reunited soon. The cache is at N 41 7.954 W 85 9.923 It was a big suprise to get a CA cache on this trip!

Last edited by Cache Maine; 07-12-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Default Don't overdo...

Despite my negativity for TBs, look for one soon from me. Partly inspired by Cindy the Cinderblock, but more so inspired by father, who tended to overdo much that he did in life. I'm glad I didn't get that gene.

**Cough** 800+ caches **cough.. What gene was that???

No Brdad, I did not get bent out of shape. As I said I was just asking. If that is what the owner wants to do then I will honor his wish and move it on like I said. I just wanted to here everyone else's opinion on this. Like someone mentioned there is not set rules so it is very open to interpretation. I just think that was not the original intent for them.
    Blazing Troll

TBs were originally created because cachers were placing caches which, when found, would be moved to a new location, and thus termed a travelling cache. A few of these still exist. The only one I know of that has entered Maine is Fly... MARS ROVER (Cache is now IN TRANSIT!) (GCC6B) by mtn-man (1.5/3)
    I believe the Porta-cache TB (TBJQ58) was one of these travelling caches, I was asked by Willowprin & Beaudog to take it to the Halloween event last fall at Rick & Donna's and from there I think Bruce picked it up and took it to Canada. Its whereabouts are now unknown.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.
    I believe the Porta-cache TB (TBJQ58) was one of these travelling caches, I was asked by Willowprin & Beaudog to take it to the Halloween event last fall at Rick & Donna's and from there I think Bruce picked it up and took it to Canada. Its whereabouts are now unknown.
    The difference with the Porta-cache TB is that it actually is a TB, not a cache. I know, it gets confusing! But, it has a TB tag as well as a TB tracking number. My example and the one Cameoooo posted are caches as they have a cache number, ie (GCXXXXX).

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    This cache was in Maine for a short time in September 2005. STOP AND GO,GO,GO, 3 by TEAM CAPSAICIN (GCCCC7)
    California

Funny thing is, I think Tat was referring to your avatar....here's the log...

September 23, 2005 by TAT (616 found)
    By reguest of the owner, the cache has been moved to Bangor Maine. Locals should imediately recognisze one of our most well known local cahcer's avatar. So, turn off the gps and look in the only place it could be. Extra credit for finding this w/o gpsr. Ok, if you need coords, try 44 47.329 68 46.663[/B]
    Ah, I guess that one was in and out while I wasn't looking... It's a good thing he didn't write that during my "brmum" stage in the nat'l forums:

Oh my.

Default clones..

We had logged this TB before. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on. But once I did, it was so cool. I love the idea. Something different. Not just the same old TB traveling from cache to cache.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.