vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Newcomers!

Hybrid View

Default Welcome to the Newcomers!

We seem to have newcomers joining the group every day, and I want to welcome you all. If you are a newcomer to geocaching, please feel free to ask any question. A lot of us have gotten involved in paperless geocaching lately, and I think we are building an especially good experience factor.

Any by all means, join in any discussion!

Default Ditto!

I second the comments that WhereRWe made. This is a great place to ask questions, get fantastic practical information, and get to know your fellow cachers. We have been gathering in the chat room farily regularly on Wednesday nights around 8-9 as well - feel free to join in! Look forward to meeting you

Question Travelbugs

I am a newcomer. I stumbled onto Team NAB at the WWII cache. I am now hooked on geocaching. My question is: when I find a travel bug and if I take it and place it at a new cache, how is anyone going to know where it is??? Do I log it on the site??? Anyways, I haven't taken a bug but I do like geocaching when time permits....

Quote Originally Posted by shewolf7153
    I am a newcomer. I stumbled onto Team NAB at the WWII cache. I am now hooked on geocaching. My question is: when I find a travel bug and if I take it and place it at a new cache, how is anyone going to know where it is??? Do I log it on the site??? Anyways, I haven't taken a bug but I do like geocaching when time permits....
    Welcome to the addiction!
    Yes, when you pick up a Travel Bug, you log the cache page as taking it, and when you place it in another cache, you log it into that cache. Full instructions, as well as many other answers, can be found on Markwell's FAQ to Geocaching pages.

Happy caching

Quote Originally Posted by shewolf7153
    Welcome to the group!

To add to BRDAD's comments, make sure that when you find a travel bug, you log it in before you place it in another cache - or else make a note of the TB number if you place it in another cache on the same outing (before you get home to your computer). You'll need that number to log it in. I've made that mistake a couple of times.

Default Welcome

Welcome to this group of fine people. Hope you can join us in chat on Wednesday evenings and you'll find that this sport of hobby or whatever you would like to refer to it is absolutely addicting. Welcome aboard!!!

Default ah-ha!!!

Wednesday at 8:00 pm!!! I knew I was missing something!

Welcome to all the new cachers...hope to meet you all soon!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Wednesday at 8:00 pm!!! I knew I was missing something!

Welcome to all the new cachers...hope to meet you all soon!
    Glad you young people can stay up so late. I'm usually in bed by then...

Talking

oops, I posted my newcomer post in the tell us about yourself thread. Can anyone see the tatoo noob on my forehead

Default It's OK

Hey Lefty, we're all noobs at one time or another.
    Happy Trails!