vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Newcomers!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    I think we should have a cache event soon. And BC is probably right about waiting until after the holidays.

How about January 22? Happens to be my birthday so there's another reason to celebrate!!!

Ideas?
    We'll help you celebrate, but NO PRESENTS!

(Well, maybe I'll give you advance notice on the next cache we put out so you can get the FTF...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    And I'm pretty sure they don't have beer... (Sigh.....)
    Comments?
    What??!!

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    We'll help you celebrate, but NO PRESENTS!

(Well, maybe I'll give you advance notice on the next cache we put out so you can get the FTF...)

Sheesh! Somebody will at least bring cake, right?

Thumbs up MEETING & CHATTING

Hi All,

A get together would be great but if on Saturday would be better later in afternoon.

Unfortunately, I can't make the chat night on Wednesdays. Don't make it home from work until after 10:00 pm.
    Will watch to see when get together is.........

Hello you Mainers. I'm here because I peek in at different groups mainly to look for people that might like to swap sig items or coins that are being designed.

Default Anybody In My Area?

My Friend And I Just Started Last Week. I Was Wondering If There Were Any Others In My Town Doing This? Where Is The Farthest You Have Driven To Find A Cache?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD-MUFFIN
    My Friend And I Just Started Last Week. I Was Wondering If There Were Any Others In My Town Doing This? Where Is The Farthest You Have Driven To Find A Cache?
    LOL!

We've made trips SPECIFICALLY for geocaching to Vermont (twice), New Hampshire (twice), New Brunswick (twice), and Massachusetts (once).

We were in far northern Quebec this summer. There was a cache we wanted to get, but didn't know exactly where it was and the local internet cafe didn't open until 4 PM that afternoon. We decided to go visit an indian village - 100 miles each way. When we got back and went to the internet cafe, we found out the cache we wanted was - you guessed it - at the indian village. So we went back again the next day - 100 miles each way. We did get a "first to find" on a cache that had been there for 2 years, though. Here's the log:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...f-3e1df82d27ce
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 01-04-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Smile Welcome to the new addiction

Just wanted to lay the welcome mat out to our new members this week. To Mad-Muffin I think if you look at the caches near you ,those will be the ones that were placed there by other cachers that live in that vacinity.I can give you a few cachers names that I am familiar with namely Geochicks,Massive Cachers,Geomainacs,Attroll are just a few that come to mind in the Augusta Hallowell Farmingdale area. Just do a search in your zip code area and you'll find plenty of them. May you be inflicted with the geocache bug.

Default Great questions!

Welcome!!

I've cached in other states, but usually when I am in the area anyway.

However, if I add up the miles that I have driven on 7 trips to Old 470 it adds up to a lot! LOL

Enjoy the sport - it will take you places you would never see otherwise!

Talking

oops, I posted my newcomer post in the tell us about yourself thread. Can anyone see the tatoo noob on my forehead