vb:literal>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Newcomers!

Back to the subject of the thread...

I just read a cache log by a newcomer (3 caches found) who complained "The last person who came to it made it almost impossible to see because they covered it up with sticks". LOL! RULOST2? and I WERE the last ones to find the cache! Sheesh! We're bad, aren't we!

I just wanted to say Hello, as I just joined the group tonight. I'd never heard of this group until receiving an email from geocaching tonight. Looks like a great group after a quick scan of a few posts, and i hope to be a frequent contributor. I'll post a real introduction of myself when i have a little more time.
    Thanks,
    Dan Reed from Bass Harbor
    Dan Reed

Welcome aboard Dan,and you won't be disappointed in this group either. We are from all walks of life here in this beautiful state of ours and look forward to your posts and anything you have to offer and vice versa. Happy Caching
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Welcome to the group Dan....remember that even crazy people are fun to know LOL !!

d’76 Guest

YES TInk, We all enjoy your company,LOL

firefighterjake2 Guest

Hi there. I'm really firefighterjake . . . but for some reason the automated system that sends you an e-mail with a link to click before you can post failed to do so and since I really wanted to ask some questions . . . .

Some info about me. I was born the poor son of a share cropper . . . wait a minute, wrong story.

I live in Unity and work full-time with FFFarmer at the Bangor Fire Department . . . only while he makes a living saving damsels in distress and rescuing cats in trees and scarfing down strombi I go to businesses to teach them how to use extinguishers, perform CPR and have small children say to me "You're fat!" when donning my fire gear to make the poor wee bairns not be scared of us.

I volunteer with the Unity FD and formerly ran with the Unity Ambulance . . . Bearfirefighter is currently a member and I believe Willowprin was a former member as well.

My hobbies: geo-caching, eating, camping, eating, hiking, eating, ATVing, eating, watching movies, eating, snowmobiling, eating, writing, eating, etc.

I'm married in case anyone was wondering . . . although why my wife married me is beyond me . . . no doubt she sometimes wonders herself. She is not into geo-caching and I doubt I can get any of my five cats to go out with me so I go solo.

Anyways, that's enough rambling about me.

Oh yeah, I also know Dave1976 as I taught at the school he worked at and I also know Attroll as I went out on a snowmobiling trip with him last winter . . . this was before the almighty REV blew up on him!

---------

Attroll . . . is there any way you can switch this persona over to firefighterjake as firefighterjake2 will be quite confusing for me?

Quote Originally Posted by dannreed
    I just wanted to say Hello, as I just joined the group tonight. I'd never heard of this group until receiving an email from geocaching tonight.
    Dan Reed from Bass Harbor
    That email might have been from me! LOL! But welcome to the site!

I used to send email to anyone I saw who had posted to a cache log and was not on this forum, but there are SOOOO many newcomaers lately, that I couldn't keep track.

d’76 Guest

Welcome aboard Jake,

Sounds like you know enough folks in here to feel right at home. When you have questions ask. We may not know the answer, but we will fill you with some load of crap anyway. LOL

Rick is to blame when something isn't working. Always remember that! Oh and most important of them all is : What GPSr do you use???

Magellan Meridian Colour

MAGELLAN!!!!!! Oh my goodness,how did you get in here anyway? We are all Garmin folks....lol Just kidding,but the majority of us are Garmin owners but don't let that get in the way. I'm sure you must have other bad habits as well....lol Welcome aboard....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.