vb:literal>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Welcome to the Newcomers!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    MAGELLAN!!!!!! Oh my goodness,how did you get in here anyway? We are all Garmin folks....lol Just kidding,but the majority of us are Garmin owners but don't let that get in the way. I'm sure you must have other bad habits as well....lol Welcome aboard....
    Yeah, going into this whole GPSr and geo-caching thing I realized that the Garmin folks really seem to outnumber the Magellan folks . . . but I liked the look of the Magellan Colour screen (I'm mesmerized by pretty colors), price on-line and the map program that came with it as I originally bought the GPSr to do some maps for the ATV Club and Snowmobile Club . . . and to track where I've traveled . . . figured the geo-caching thing would just help me justify the purchase.

Oh and as for bad habits . . . I've got a lot of 'em and buying Magellan is the least of them!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Yeah, going into this whole GPSr and geo-caching thing I realized that the Garmin folks really seem to outnumber the Magellan folks . . . but I liked the look of the Magellan Colour screen (I'm mesmerized by pretty colors), price on-line and the map program that came with it as I originally bought the GPSr to do some maps for the ATV Club and Snowmobile Club . . . and to track where I've traveled . . . figured the geo-caching thing would just help me justify the purchase.

Oh and as for bad habits . . . I've got a lot of 'em and buying Magellan is the least of them!
    Hmmm..... I guess you haven't seen the Garmin GPSMap 60-series, then! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Hmmm..... I guess you haven't seen the Garmin GPSMap 60-series, then! LOL!
    Actually I did take a look at them and really liked them . . . a lot more pretty colors . . . but the cost was a bit more expensive than what I was willing to pay.

Default magellan

ohmygod, thank goodness someone else has a magellan besides me! welcome, firefighterjake! i have a magellan meridan gold - and i LOVE it. i was feeling pretty lonely here! any VERY outnumbered! becke
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    ohmygod, thank goodness someone else has a magellan besides me! welcome, firefighterjake! i have a magellan meridan gold - and i LOVE it. i was feeling pretty lonely here! any VERY outnumbered! becke
    I figure sometimes it's nice to be different.

Incidentally I once worked down at Stonington a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Actually it was my first job out of college. Commuted back and forth from my camp in Thorndike to Stonington -- 3 hour daily commute. Ended up getting done due to a) the long commute and b) I was working for a trade publication for commercial fishermen and I knew next to nothing about the fishing industry . . . and in fact I don't particularly care for fish other than fried scallops -- at an industry trade show that I attended with the company we went out to dinner and I think I was the only one eating something other than fish for the main course.

Talking Magellan Owner's Club

We are in the minority for sure--Magellan owners unite!

Default hey!

there's even more than 2 of us! ffj, i know the fisheries paper you are talking about it's okay to like just fried scallops! my list isn't too much longer than that i drive an hour each way to work (i have worked in bangor and bar harbor - those were 1 1/2 hour drives each way) i can't imagine a 3 hour drive - thorndike is a long drive! and g-team, i'm happy to know you are magellan owners! we're a whole crowd now!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Talking :) Another Meridan owner

There are a few of us that use magellan gps's I still use my base meridian gps

robt

Default Welcome Jake

Hey Jake, I'm coming back to Central Fire for a few months (or years). When I'm not out saving cats and damsels, and your not out scaring kids, we'll have to hide caches for each other around the station.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFarmer
    Hey Jake, I'm coming back to Central Fire for a few months (or years). When I'm not out saving cats and damsels, and your not out scaring kids, we'll have to hide caches for each other around the station.
    I've thought of one or two places . . . but thought having a bunch of geo-cachers roving around the outside of the station might not go over too well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."