vb:literal>

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Anyone up for Monhegan Island?

I think "gut-wrenching" is just about right... I remember my first Moxie when I was about 10 or 11... it was in the middle of summer and we were cutting hay in this large field. I was hot and needed a drink, so I went to the cooler and grabbed a soda. "What's this? Says root beer on the can..." Yuck!! I suffered through it though, because at least it was wet and cold. That also happened to be my last Moxie.

Default Moxie Yumminess!

My parents didn't buy soda when I was younger. When I'd go visit the older couple next door, they'd give me a little bit once in a while, and of course...it was Moxie. SO, I have always liked it, cause from the time I was little, that is what I thought soda WAS!

Moxie rocks!

-RanMan22

Quote Originally Posted by RanMan22 View Post
    My parents didn't buy soda when I was younger. When I'd go visit the older couple next door, they'd give me a little bit once in a while, and of course...it was Moxie. SO, I have always liked it, cause from the time I was little, that is what I thought soda WAS!

Moxie rocks!

-RanMan22

My grandfather always had some around. It's all his fault I am the MoxieMan today!
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

Quote Originally Posted by RanMan22 View Post

Moxie rocks!

-RanMan22
    we didn't have soda either, except when my grandparents visited from boston. they would bring 2 or 3 cases of moxie - and it sure didn't last long!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons View Post
    I think "gut-wrenching" is just about right... I remember my first Moxie when I was about 10 or 11... it was in the middle of summer and we were cutting hay in this large field. I was hot and needed a drink, so I went to the cooler and grabbed a soda. "What's this? Says root beer on the can..." Yuck!! I suffered through it though, because at least it was wet and cold. That also happened to be my last Moxie.
    Now see some of my earliest memories of Moxie were similar, but just the opposite . . . after haying the fields we were given Moxie and I found it to be quite refreshing.

Even today when I'm looking for some true refreshment and don't want to do the healthy and sensible thing and drink water I treat myself to a Moxie . . . and it is one of the few times I don't drink Diet -- Diet Moxie just doesn't taste the same.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."