vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for Monhegan Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Leave Port Clyde at 10:30 and leave Monhegan at 4:30?
    No, No! Boothbay!

Departs Pier 8 Boothbay Harbor 9:30am
    Arrives Monhegan Island 11:00am
    Departs Monhegan Island 2:45pm
    Arrives Pier 8 Boothbay Harbor 4:15pm
    85 minute ride each way
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    No, No! Boothbay!

Departs Pier 8 Boothbay Harbor 9:30am
    Arrives Monhegan Island 11:00am
    Departs Monhegan Island 2:45pm
    Arrives Pier 8 Boothbay Harbor 4:15pm
    85 minute ride each way
    What is so special about Monhegan Island? What is out there. Don't tell me a cache. Just asking because I was thinking about going if there something interesting.
    Blazing Troll

Three caches, one being a virtual at a shipwreck, and the company of other cachers. A few miles of exercise. Picture taking opportunities. And somewhere many of us have never been to. I have no idea what else we might see as I am one of those who have never been there.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I've not been before either, but have always heard how beautiful it is. It is painted by many, many artists. It has been on my list of places to visit for awhile.

The other thing you would see (hopefully!!) is me leaving the island with treasures galore. I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to this. When I went to TAT's tidal cache with the gang, I had my arms full - lots of teasing potential there!! In fact, given the short period of time, I might even opt to comb rather than cache - either way, I look forward to going.

Boothbay rather than Port Clyde? Port Clyde offers a short ride and longer time on the island. I don't know if there is much of a price difference. I would also think it is closer to most who are going than Boothbay is.

Well, ta tat - I am off to the beach
    ~ Beach Comber ~

What date did you all decide on this?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Boothbay rather than Port Clyde? Port Clyde offers a short ride and longer time on the island. I don't know if there is much of a price difference. I would also think it is closer to most who are going than Boothbay is.
    We thought Boothbay would be easier since it's closer to Brunswick and the highway. Port Clyde would be a longer day if we got on the 7AM boat, but that would be hard for a lot of people. Probably even for us, since we'd be leaving home at least 3 hours before the boat leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    What date did you all decide on this?
    We started this thread 07-16-2006. We knew we wanted to go, and thought it'd be great if some others could join. We were very limited in what days we could go and ended up changing it anyway on account of the Festival In Bangor, but it was more of a "we're going, would love it if a few others can make it" type of thing. We didn't have the flexibility to check what dates and times everyone could make it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

the Wyeth's live there in the summer. Alot of their work is from the Island. If you do Port Clyde you should try the earliest in the day you can, parking is quite limited. the general store in Port Clyde is a treasure.
    Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by caro
    The general store in Port Clyde is a treasure.
    Have fun!
    It is!! One of my favorite places of all times!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

We thought Boothbay would be easier since it's closer to Brunswick and the highway. Port Clyde would be a longer day if we got on the 7AM boat, but that would be hard for a lot of people. Probably even for us, since we'd be leaving home at least 3 hours before the boat leaves.
    Sounds great to me! WOuld be silly of me really, to drive right by Boothbay to get to Port Clyde. But I must admit, I am partial to the little town of Port Clyde. I'll save a trip there for another day.

I can't wait!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

We started this thread 07-16-2006. We knew we wanted to go, and thought it'd be great if some others could join. We were very limited in what days we could go and ended up changing it anyway on account of the Festival In Bangor, but it was more of a "we're going, would love it if a few others can make it" type of thing. We didn't have the flexibility to check what dates and times everyone could make it.
    Hmm, Did I miss something here? I still did not get a date in my answer you gave me?
    Blazing Troll