vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for Monhegan Island?

Schedule permitting We'd love to go to Monhegan!

Hmm the When is the only question I have, it soulnds like fun even if we did it in september but I may have an issue with getting the time off. If it is on a thursday or friday right now that would be great for me!!!

Sounds like fun, not sure if we can make it but you have perked our interest We will have to see if Moxie would be able to go along.

Color me "intrigued" as there is a lighthouse that I need to get a picture of for my collection . . . the geocaching would be a bonus and if the date worked I might be able to convince my wife to come along for the ferry trip over since she loves being on the water.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

This sounds like it could be alot of fun. Dave it sounds like this would make for a great event. Count us in as long as the weekend jives. Any weekend will more than likely do as long as there is notice

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Dave it sounds like this would make for a great event.
    dave, you are right, this would be an awesome place for an event. i have been there twice, each time for a 3 day working retreat. it is absolutely beautiful. i only wish i had known about geocaching when i was there - i could have done the shipwreck cache! i am going back there in august with one of the people that i went to the retreat with.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I'm surprised but glad we got such a great response. Lee and I will try to work out a date asap, possibly we can figure it out tonight.

It probably is a great place for an event, but I think it will take a good chunk of the alloted time just to get the caches and enjoy the walk.

I am sending an email to get a few questions answered...

Brdad, maybe the actual event (if you were going to make it one) could happen on the mainland either before or after the trip. This way no time is lost on the island. This would also allow people who may not be able to afford the trip out to the island teh ability to attend the event and they could possibly cache on the mainland during the day and meet at the event later. I would suggest after the trip so everyone can talk about the trip out there and share it with folks that couldn't make the trip.

Totally a suggestion

Well, if anyone makes it an event, it won't be me. I am a lousy host. If anyone else wants to do so, I am open for discussion. I'm happy just getting together and getting the 3 caches out there without us logging a find on an event. Since we get back to Boothbay around 4:15, we could probably not attend an event very long, either, as Boothbay is a good 2 hours from here.

Ohhhhh - don't be so shy! You ARE TOO a great host - you help clean up and wipe the table after dinner! hehehehehe
    ~ Beach Comber ~