vb:literal>

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for Monhegan Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Ohhhhh - don't be so shy! You ARE TOO a great host - you help clean up and wipe the table after dinner! hehehehehe
    Oh now, don't go and remind Lee of that. She'll expect me to do it every night!

Why does everything have to be an event anyway? Why can't just a few friends get together for a great time and do some caching at the same time? Sounds like a great time to me.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

d’76 Guest

Why does an event have to be complicated. My thought was if everyone that is interested in going, shows up at a certain time anyway and there is a particular place we are going to meat it could be that simple. It doesnt have to be ellborate. Just a suggestion. I like the idea of meeting and keeping it simple.It was only a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Why does everything have to be an event anyway? Why can't just a few friends get together for a great time and do some caching at the same time? Sounds like a great time to me.
    I'm with Haffy- pick a date and if we can join you - great! If we can't - have a blast and tell us all about it later.

d’76 Guest

Dave has already said he is not interested in making it an event...

Well, I just found out my son's work schedule for the rest of the summer... the only days we'd be able to go as a family would be Tu-We-Th. We still want to go out there so we'll probably end up doing it as a mid-week family thing.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    Ohhhhh - don't be so shy! You ARE TOO a great host - you help clean up and wipe the table after dinner! hehehehehe
    Beachie! You'll ruin his image as a "traditional" guy!

Default August 26th

Ok, we decided on a date of August 26th. I hope it works out for most people. If the weather forecast is not favorable, we can try that Sunday, the 27th. Otherwise, it'd have to be sometime in September, but that is hard with school starting.

Quote Originally Posted by msteelee
    Beachie! You'll ruin his image as a "traditional" guy!
    Awwwwwwwwwww - I know better!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Ok, we decided on a date of August 26th. I hope it works out for most people. If the weather forecast is not favorable, we can try that Sunday, the 27th. Otherwise, it'd have to be sometime in September, but that is hard with school starting.
    Bummer Ironically enough, I will be in Bangor at the Folk Festival!
    ~ Beach Comber ~