vb:literal>

Thread: Travel Bug Graveyard

Thumbs up Travel Bug Graveyard

A neat idea to get those lost travel bugs out of your cache inventory. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-94e7818cbaa8

Wow. That a lot of travel bugs on the list.
    Blazing Troll

Red face Hope I don't have to use it again

Sadly enough after seeing this, I have placed two TB's on the site. I will be in mourning for some time over losing Risky Business - he never made it past the cache I placed him in

Default 2 TB's in limbo

Two of our 3 travel bugs are in limbo. One was taken by someone who logged in at the cache and took the TB, but never logged in on line and never took it off the cache web site. I was sent their caching name by someone who followed and have emailed them, with no reply yet. The other one was grabbed at a cache event in Tennessee in June and hasn't been posted since. Both had logged a fair number of miles, but it's still disappointing to think that they're out of action for good.

Bummer for those whose TB never made it past one or two caches

I feel bad because a couple of the TB's in the Graveyard were ones that we were the last ones to place in a cache. One I know was picked up by a cacher who is now banned speaks for itself - but the other just sems to have dropped off the face earth.

It is disconcerting to know that you were the last to have logged the bug, however...

It seems that the old TB Graveyard is disabled, does anyone know of another Graveyard or place to put the dead TBs?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    It seems that the old TB Graveyard is disabled, does anyone know of another Graveyard or place to put the dead TBs?
    There is a public Bookmark for Travel Bug Graveyards. Also - just because it is archived, I don't think means, you can't go there and drop off things. The other option is to take and use one of your old caches or develop one and never publish it - just put your TBs into it.

I don't write off TBs for a long time. Do appreciate folks owning a cache - makring them missing however so they are properly marked.

TBs and coins, once released are beyond our control, it is but a stroke of luck they continue to travel. Be it a cache or an event - neither one is better than the other to ensure the longevity of a traveler. I have had some good luck and some are missing too........maybe some day they will reappear.

These are out of the country but I see others from the states have used them
    GCD653, GCZ1V4

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Sheesh! My son was here this fall! Really!

He's in the Navy, and was serving a 6-week deployment on the USS Fort McHenry as a photographer for the African Partnership Station off the coast of west Africa. Crossing the equator is a big deal in the Navy, and once you done so, you're classified as a "Shellback". But a person who has crossed the equator at the prime meridian is classified as a "Diamond Shellback". Ship commanders make an effort to cross these points, and he was onboard when they crossed this fall.

Sadly, he's not a geocacher, so I doubt if he dropped off any TB's. LOL!
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-20-2008 at 08:24 AM.

Cool Wow

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! My son was here this fall! Really!

He's in the Navy, and was serving a 6-week deployment on the USS Fort McHenry as a photographer for the African Partnership Station off the coast of east Africa. Crossing the equator is a big deal in the Navy, and once you done so, you're classified as a "Shellback". But a person who has crossed the equator at the prime meridian is classified as a "Diamond Shellback". Ship commanders make an effort to cross these points, and he was onboard when they crossed this fall.

Sadly, he's not a geocacher, so I doubt if he dropped off any TB's. LOL!
    That's really cool! Thanks for sharing!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods