vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangor Area Things to Do

Kaching Karen : Help me... what is there to do with young "adults" in the Bangor/Orono area?

Check out http://www.bangorinfo.com/ , it has quite a bit of info on things to do in the Bangor area (check out the "Area Events" page).

And don't forget beer. You can never go wrong with beer.

there's the UMaine Museum of Art
    http://www.umma.umaine.edu/

Bangor Historical Society Museum
    Bangor, ME
    Phone: 207-942-5766

Also known as the Thomas A. Hill House, the museum focuses on the history of Bangor and the surrounding area.

I think this might be closed for renovations....

Cole Land Transportation Museum
    405 Perry Road
    Bangor, ME
    Phone: 207-990-3600

Exhibits feature antique vehicles, including a display of military cars and trucks. There is also a covered bridge on the premises. Open May 1-Nov. 11.
    and a cache on the premises.
    www.colemuseum.org

Hudson Museum and Palmer Gallery
    Maine Center for the Arts
    Orono, ME

Art museum features exhibitions of Native American and Cenral American art and artifacts.

Maine Forest and Logging Museum
    Route 178
    Leonard's Mills, ME
    Phone: 207-581-2871

Visitors can explore the history of logging, in addition to the ecology of the logging industry, forest growth, and wildlife.

And beer, beer is good. :-)
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    Cole Land Transportation Museum
    405 Perry Road
    Bangor, ME
    Phone: 207-990-3600

Exhibits feature antique vehicles, including a display of military cars and trucks. There is also a covered bridge on the premises. Open May 1-Nov. 11.
    and a cache on the premises.
    www.colemuseum.org
    I totally spaced on that one . . . I still haven't visited this museum, but I've been told it is top notch . . . now if only they allowed visitors to drive the tank out front!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I just loved the Maine Forest and Logging Museum. I was there at Leonards Mills to do a part of one of Team Nirvana's Nightmare caches and thought it was pretty cool. Plus it is right near where you are going to the UMO campus. Here is the link for that:

http://www.leonardsmills.com/
    Last edited by Haffy; 07-19-2006 at 04:06 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

This is all great stuff for me. I grew up in Moncton and every summer we camped at the campground on Hammond St (I think) near Hermon and the race track. Man that was a fun place, it closed a while back. A lot of good memories there.

Default festivals?

Are any of the surrounding towns having their " Old Home Days "? Nothing like a home town festival, parade and fireworks. Cotton candy, clowns, and that smell of barn animals. Reminds me of growing up in Casco. Ok....I never grew up.

Bar Harbor gets my vote
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans

Hudson Museum and Palmer Gallery
    Maine Center for the Arts
    Orono, ME

Art museum features exhibitions of Native American and Cenral American art and artifacts.
    this is my absolute favorite museum - it is awesome. and it always was free - i haven't been in a few years, so i'm not sure about now. it is well worth a trip to u of me.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Are any of the surrounding towns having their " Old Home Days "? Nothing like a home town festival, parade and fireworks. Cotton candy, clowns, and that smell of barn animals. Reminds me of growing up in Casco. Ok....I never grew up.

Bar Harbor gets my vote
    Milo's Fire Department is celebrating 100 years of existence with a parade, fireworks, various hometown contests, etc.

Here's a link to their activities.

http://www.trcmaine.org/mfd100/
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

. . . and a few miles south is the Central Maine Egg Festival in Pittsfield.

http://eggfest.craftah.com/

. . . and if the interest is a bit more cerebral Shakespeare's Macbeth is being performed in Brewer at Indian Trail park (also the site of a cache incidentally). I don't know much about this event other than the fact it starts at 8 p.m. and runs from July 20-22.