vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching Maine Organization meeting/event

That's a Sunday, church, and I'll have to go to Massachusetts to pick up my girls at some point that day. The later the better........ I'd like to make it

Sorry, even if I'm not in the hospital, I won't be traveling more than 15 miles or so from the hospital. ;-)
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    Sorry, even if I'm not in the hospital, I won't be traveling more than 15 miles or so from the hospital. ;-)
    Where's your sense of adventure?

Shoot . . . maybe we should bring you along on the Tread Lightly event and you can make an early delivery date with all the bouncing and jostling?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Keep us posted. Tom and Andrew will be getting back from Boy Scout SUmmer Camp so depends on how tired the team is. We really would like to attend though. .

Rik, keep up the great work. We really do enjoy this site and ALL the geocaching friends we have met here.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Where's your sense of adventure?

Shoot . . . maybe we should bring you along on the Tread Lightly event and you can make an early delivery date with all the bouncing and jostling?
    \

you have no idea how much I wanted to go to this event...if only to meet you! (I really do want to go too, though).
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans
    \

you have no idea how much I wanted to go to this event...if only to meet you! (I really do want to go too, though).
    Trust me I'm rather under-whelming to meet in the flesh and blood . . . my real personality shows up much better here.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Trust me I'm rather under-whelming to meet in the flesh and blood . . . my real personality shows up much better here.
    jake, you are WAY too modest!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    jake, you are WAY too modest!
    I'm WAY too something . . . but it isn't modest!

I think we need more than one person. Everyone knows I love to speak up, but would not want to be solely responsible for making decisions for the group.

I suggest a "steering committee" of 5 or so (you KNOW who you are!!!), and one point-of-contact/spokesman, who can turn to the "steering committee" for a consensus on GeocachingMaine positions.

Whatever we do, can we please not use the term "steering committee"? To me, it sounds like a steering committee's job is to steer the opinions of the members to suit their needs or desires.

Whoever we choose, be it one or ten, will hopefully never make decisions for the group, but instead make sure of the group's desires and make their decisions based on that. Again, I'd like to see a system where we can contact all members when the need arises.