vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New software updates - Garmin

Default New software updates - Garmin

The "x" units for the Garmin 60 and 76 series have new software and satelite almanac files available at the Garmin Websight as of July 19.

The Satelight updates is especially good with the new WAAS 51 bird incluced.

You might want to upgrade.

I'm glad that Garmin finally got the WAAS issues worked out. Maybe I will get my 60csx updated tonight. The 60csx gas great accuracy with the WAAS off, it will be interesting to see what a difference this makes.

Is #51 the new WAAS satellite for this part of the world? I thought that it wasn't going to be online until the fall.

Bird 51 is indeed the one. I am getting accuracy down to 5 or 6 feet with bird 51. It is strong and reliable.

Default All in one

I updated my MAP60CSx last night to 2.9 and now I see it's 3.0. But where is the satellite almanac download? I was out today and wasn't getting #51 anywhere. Was the satellite info in the 2.9 update? Or is it in a different download? And if so where do I find it on the Garmin site? I found it!! And now I can see 51. Accuracy under my BIG pine trees was at 15'.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I am signed up for the email notification and got the notification that way.

Go to the following site:

http://www.garmin.com/support/blosp.jsp

you will find a listing there of the gps units and the most recent updates. Click on your model number and then you should see two updates available.

You can also download and run web updater for the garman units (do this twice - that way you update the unit software and the almanac) and you should be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler
    Bird 51 is indeed the one. I am getting accuracy down to 5 or 6 feet with bird 51. It is strong and reliable.
    I haven't seen #51 yet, but accuracy with out 60csx is always great! Currently, indoors (after updating the software), accuracy is +/- 21 feet!

I updated last night and got a great lock on #51. Great to have WAAS back again. I had 15' accuracy under less than ideal conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    I updated last night and got a great lock on #51. Great to have WAAS back again.
    Is #51 on all the time now, or still in test mode? I updated yesterday, was out all morning, but never saw #51.

I have been seeing 51 regularly. Today at around noon time when I was out caching it was full scale. You may have to let the GPS sit and bake under the satelites with a good clear sky and make sure you have WAAS turned on.

Default today

We were out today and was locked on to the #51 around 3PM. Portland. I have been seeing it the past two days. 15' is the norm now.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.