vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The past - FTF a Thon and Bangor

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    It sounds like a good idea to me.
    Maybe it wouldnt hurt to start small and make little steps by showing each group that we can get along by putting a link to each others website.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    Maybe it wouldnt hurt to start small and make little steps by showing each group that we can get along by putting a link to each others website.
    Excellent idea.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

In my attempt to work with GeoMaine and do just what you mentioned, it resulted in me basically being told that I needed to make all the the effort and conform to their ideas. The ultimatum was that if I wasn't seen as beneficial to the MGA I would not be allowed to be an active part of it.

The reason I mention this is 1). GeoMaine accused me, without actually using these words, of being a spy/plant of the GCM.org forums and that 2.) my participation would be evaluated based on how I was "beneficial" to the MGA and if I was not beneficial I could not be part of the "due process" 3.) This is a quote right out of an email he sent me, "Had you come in and said "Here's my $15 bucks! Now. What can I do to help?" Would have spoken VOLUMES about you..." This to me is offensive, I joined to promote geocaching not the MGA. I would have expected, "Thanks for joining, lets us make geocaching great for the State of Maine!!!!"

I'm willing to forward my email conversation to everyone who would like to see how GeoMaine has "extended the Olive Branch."

The moral to my post is "BEWARE OF THE WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING!!!!!"

I will say that both Hoamdezinah and Gob-ler have both stayed in contact with me but GeoMaine blocked me from entering their site. I did ask to be removed from the roster because of that email conversation as it was truly enlightening to GeoMaine's ideas and treatment of its members. I don't believe Hoamdezinah or Gob-ler share GeoMaine's attitude but they both conceded that GeoMaine IS a founding father and therefore a MAJOR part of the MGA!

I would love to see the sites "get along" and I think there is a possibility but both sides have to move toward that end. I don't think that is possible though with one individual that is an "authorative" figure with the MGA..

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    In my attempt to work with GeoMaine and do just what you mentioned, it resulted in me basically being told that I needed to make all the the effort and conform to their ideas. The ultimatum was that if I wasn't seen as beneficial to the MGA I would not be allowed to be an active part of it.

The reason I mention this is 1). GeoMaine accused me, without actually using these words, of being a spy/plant of the GCM.org forums and that 2.) my participation would be evaluated based on how I was "beneficial" to the MGA and if I was not beneficial I could not be part of the "due process" 3.) This is a quote right out of an email he sent me, "Had you come in and said "Here's my $15 bucks! Now. What can I do to help?" Would have spoken VOLUMES about you..." This to me is offensive, I joined to promote geocaching not the MGA. I would have expected, "Thanks for joining, lets us make geocaching great for the State of Maine!!!!"

I'm willing to forward my email conversation to everyone who would like to see how GeoMaine has "extended the Olive Branch."

The moral to my post is "BEWARE OF THE WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING!!!!!"

I will say that both Hoamdezinah and Gob-ler have both stayed in contact with me but GeoMaine blocked me from entering their site. I did ask to be removed from the roster because of that email conversation as it was truly enlightening to GeoMaine's ideas and treatment of its members. I don't believe Hoamdezinah or Gob-ler share GeoMaine's attitude but they both conceded that GeoMaine IS a founding father and therefore a MAJOR part of the MGA!

I would love to see the sites "get along" and I think there is a possibility but both sides have to move toward that end. I don't think that is possible though with one individual that is an "authorative" figure with the MGA..
    While I have had my share of conflicts with various members here and there, this is about caching.

While I do believe that their are some personality conflicts between various members I would like to think that it would be ok to use each website as a valuable resource. I mean that is what they are here for I think. Or would like to think

Each site has very cool things to offer. Examples, gcmaine has the post already started that mga will adventually build to as they gain time. MGA has a very cool place to go check out where other cachers stand in the top 50. GCmaine has many members that can contribute to conversation where mga will have to be around a bit to get the varyious opinions by having lots of members but they could still use this site to check on previous discussions about topics of interest. The list goes on.

Rick maybe it is time that we made a move and just did something. Such as the link or even a suggestion on the page that another maine website exist.

Remember, we may have a problem with someone but I bet it is safe to say that both websites have great info to offer.

While I have had my share of conflicts with various members here and there, this is about caching.

While I do believe that their are some personality conflicts between various members I would like to think that it would be ok to use each website as a valuable resource. I mean that is what they are here for I think. Or would like to think

Each site has very cool things to offer. Examples, gcmaine has the post already started that mga will adventually build to as they gain time. MGA has a very cool place to go check out where other cachers stand in the top 50. GCmaine has many members that can contribute to conversation where mga will have to be around a bit to get the varyious opinions by having lots of members but they could still use this site to check on previous discussions about topics of interest. The list goes on.

Rick maybe it is time that we made a move and just did something. Such as the link or even a suggestion on the page that another maine website exist.

Remember, we may have a problem with someone but I bet it is safe to say that both websites have great info to offer.

Your absolutely right!! Unfortunately, through my niavete and idealism, I mailed my check to the MGA thinking the same things and within one week I was barred from the site and my membership dues returned because I asked the question, "How is the steering committee chosen and the term and terms of that office." I never got the question answered except to be told that unless I "proved" myself, I did not have to worry about ever getting on the steering committee. This organization is about its self, not about geocaching.

I agree that no matter the organization, it should be about Geocaching for everyone and not about the individuals within the organziation. The MGA seems to have lost sight of that, or I should qualify and say that GeoMaine appears to have lost sight of that and unfortunately but understandable, he is a major part of the MGA...

These forums still represent the

Just to update everyone, I've emailed with Gob-ler and I belive we're fine. Like I said, my problem is not with him or his caches...
    I do think sometimes we are judged by the company we keep, and I didn't clarify that and I should have.

What do you call a baby turkey?
    A goblet!
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

cool place to go check out where other cachers stand in the top 50.
    Here's a link to a very cool place....Top 57

Thanks We3beans for the nice note. I have sent you one back. We are OK!

A baby turkey is a Poult.

Thats a nice link Cameooooo. Northwoods Explorer is not on that list, I don't think he has set his state. He would be right in front of me with his 1000 or so finds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler
    Thanks We3beans for the nice note. I have sent you one back. We are OK!

A baby turkey is a Poult.
    I'm quite sure you are right, this is mespeak...kinda like my forky's in the road and baby cows are minimoos....and other oddities...
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!