vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking for a copilot this weekend?

Thumbs up Anyone looking for a copilot this weekend?

First - Forgive if I posted this in the wrong topic - I suspect this sort of question must come up often, and we don't have a "carpooling" forum...

Anyway... My normal partner has gone to France for the next two weeks (and she didn't insist on taking the GPS, the slacker! ), leaving me to either hike alone, or find someone else in the same boat (or, horror of horrors, just not go out on a perfectly good weekend! ).

So... At the risk of sounding a tad pathetic - Anyone (or two or three) else looking for someone to cache with this coming weekend? Willing to drive, but I usually navigate.

For info, I live right in Bangor, usually go up to an hour and a half away, and prefer hikes over drive-throughs (though if it gets over 80F, I admit I tend to favor the coast with a nice cool breeze).

Ye Gods, I hope this doesn't read too much like a personals ad...

Did you forget the Kayak Kache event on Deer Island this weekend?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Haffy : Did you forget the Kayah Kache event on Deer Island this weekend?

If someone has a spare kayak, consider me there!

As it stands, I have a slight technical problem - Namely, no kayak.

(I don't know if the skills exchange well, but I can handle a canoe even on pretty rough water - Don't have one of those, either, but I can certainly find my way around one )

You might post the kayak request on the event site, someone may have an extra boat. I'm comming from Kittery, but if no one else has room, I can make a detour to Bangor.

Default Not a problem

No kayak!! Not a problem. I know it sounds like it, " Kayak Kache ", but several people are coming who do not kayak. A kayak is NOT needed to attend. Some people are going out on foot to do some caching. With a kayak or without, everyone is welcome.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Francis Family and I are planning on doing land based caches but going to the Kayak Kache event. Sounds like a ball!

no kayaks were used in the placing of any of my caches! (oh, but i forgot about dow ledges...)
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

No, a kayak is not necessary to attend the event. I will bring my extra kayak though and I believe there are rentals available at the campground.

Perhaps we'll see you there!

Ribnag . . . kayak or no kayak, if you haven't done any of Becket's caches in Deer Isle you're missing out. I don't believe any of her caches are quick grab and go caches (well maybe one or two), but are instead rather pleasant walks (nothing too taxing) to some very picturesque scenery. The caches on this island are well worth doing.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Having done some but not all of the caches on Deer Isle - Jake is absolutely correct. It is a beautiful portion of our state. One near me that I had never spent enough time visiting.