vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why have posts or threads been removed?

Default Why have posts or threads been removed?

I was looking for something that was posted over here just a while back and cannot find it. Is there a reason it has been removed?

Do you know the subject or any of the posts on the thread?

I know all posts and threads started by the MGA were removed by the original poster, including the entire "Message from the MGA" thread, but I assume you were aware of that. I believe that's what prompted Rick to stop letting people delete their posts and threads.

If it's a different post, maybe it's been moved and maybe someone will remember where it is if we knew what it concerned. I can't remember where I posted stuff half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler
    I was looking for something that was posted over here just a while back and cannot find it. Is there a reason it has been removed?
    If your post is no longer where you posted it, then it's either been moved to the correct forum category or it's been removed. It's a rare occurance that a thread gets removed. If you have a specific question regarding a particular post or thread, feel free to contact Rick, Haffy or myself.

It was something I posted and when I did a search I could not find it. I know it was in the last week or two.

Just surporsed it's gone missing.

I don't believe it was something I deleted. I have only on a couple of occasions deleted a post and that just because of it being off topic or a duplicate post. I noticed also that I have had all of my posts deleted on the MGA site and not sure why that is either. I have not deleted any of your posts Dick. I can assure that we are not in the habit of deleting anyones posts without giving the poster a good reason for doing so.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

John I found what I was looking for only elsewhere. It may have been a part of the Message from post, not sure. At any rate it is all squared.

I do not know about the MGA thing. What I do know is that there is a pretty strict guideline being followed concerning tone of posts and content. The way things are asked etc.

I have no particulars concerning any of your posts. I have not seen them.

Dick

John I found what I was looking for only elsewhere. It may have been a part of the Message from post, not sure. At any rate it is all squared.

I do not know about the MGA thing. What I do know is that there is a pretty strict guideline being followed concerning tone of posts and content. The way things are asked etc.

Dick
    I don't know exactly what thread or post you were looking for Dick. The only threads or post that I have removed or deleted have been ones that started or had the possibility of turning into a grudge match between The MGA and this web site. I am trying to curb that from happening the best I can.
    Blazing Troll

Default ??

Dick
    Isn't that censorship. Isn't this America.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Isn't that censorship. Isn't this America.
    watch it gary, those 1st ammendment rights only apply to people with lots and lots of money... so far I haven't met any geocachers that fit those guidelines.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default remember

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    watch it gary, those 1st ammendment rights only apply to people with lots and lots of money... so far I haven't met any geocachers that fit those guidelines.
    Hiram we cached together yesterday. Oh..sorry....you didn't tell Steph. Oops!! Did you tell her the one about going to Western Mass. again.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.