vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RE: Hiram and Steph . . . another milestone

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    you wasn't in town? (it's sunday, the derby is today, we're in the college computer lab now) The derby sucked... they tagged all smart fish this year... a geocaching derby?? nobody mentioned anything about that... well it's 12:00 and no one took us up on the offer, so we're gunna go get some pizza now.
    D'oh . . . for some reason I thought the fishing derby was on Saturday. I noticed a lot of college students were back for the weekend with canoes and kayaks in tow or on the roof racks.

I haven't heard of anyone yet that has hooked one of those four-year free tuition fish yet . . . I'm thinking they've tagged a Great White with that prize and there's no way anyone's going to haul that bad boy in.

Yes . . . a year or two ago they offered both the fishing derby and geocaching derby . . . I suspect they might not have got a lot of takers on the geocaching derby or maybe it didn't offer the same challenge as the fishing derby and they may have scuttled it . . . all speculation on my part however since I honestly don't know anything other than the fact that they did do a geocaching derby once before.

Was the pizza any good . . . I was in on Thursday and bought a large hamburg pizza, honey-BBQ wings and a chance at winning free pizza for a year (I didn't win though . . . the folks probably thought it would be bad economically for them if they had to supply me with free UHOP pizza for a year as it would have cut into their income.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    you wasn't in town? (it's sunday, the derby is today, we're in the college computer lab now) The derby sucked... they tagged all smart fish this year... a geocaching derby?? nobody mentioned anything about that... well it's 12:00 and no one took us up on the offer, so we're gunna go get some pizza now.
    Wish I knew you were in town Hiram . . . I was home all day long. You could have cooled off with a jump in the pool . . . or warmed up with a jump in the hot tub . . . or just said hi.

If you don't know where I live just ask Dave1976 . . . or the folks at UHOP!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."